Does anyone know how to fill out injured spouse for the economic stimulus payment?

I have back child support that happened when I was out of work due to an injury. I am current now but I still owe extra from that timeframe. My wife and I both work full time jobs and have one child together.  We filed our 2019 taxes but owed instead of a refund so my wife did not file injured spouse. We filed before the pandemic.  My hours have been cut drastically but I have still paid the full amount. Our entire stimulus payment went to my back child support. How do we fill out the injured spouse for my wives portion and my daughter's?

Injured spouse status doesn't apply to the EIP payments. It also doesn't apply to child support.

Not applicable. If you owed back child support your kids got the money.

• NA

Not true.  While the stimulus law said that the EIP would go to child support, it did NOT exclude the use of the form 8379.  Unfortunately, the IRS is making people who already filed the form file it again.

• NA

Fill out the entity section.  Write EIP across the top.  Enter it in the credit section, $600 a piece.

Injured spouse does not protect your stimulus payment.

• NA

Not true.  It would split in half.

You aren't "current now".  Current now means you have paid everything you owe.

You are now paying on time and not accruing any more arrears.There is no injured spouse for the stimulus payment, only for tax refunds.

Just be happy that you have paid an additional $1700 towards your back child support.