Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Should I've been upset?

I clearly told my MIL not to give sprite or any other sodas except milk or water long time ago when my son was 7 months old she gave him a sip i was upset and now my son is two and she just gulp that sprite to my 2 year old I had a fight with his dad and then his mom starts laughing without my consent

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

7-Up is actually really good for babies, try that.

Attachment image
    • Billy2 months agoReport

Also, wtf his mom needs your consent to laugh?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

How often is she giving him the soda? 

If it's occasionally, I would pick my battles and not make a big deal of this.

I'm a mom and a Grandma. I never tried to tell my parents or my husband's parents what they could or couldn't give our girls, though.

• 2 months ago

Yes, you have every right to be upset and I would be upset too. A two year old does not need to drink soda, I would stop allowing them around him if I were you.

• ...Show all comments
    • Savannah
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Says the one who SMOKES during pregnancy, you are the one who is a POOR excuse for a mother, ''Edna''. I am NOT a poor excuse for anything and I ACTUALLY care about my child's health. What kind of person gives SODA to a toddler? You must have grew up in a trailer park, stupid, old b*tch!.

• 2 months ago

You wanted her to seek your consent to laugh? Mother in law relationships are never pleasant. Lighten up, less stress will make you live longer. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You have the right to be upset, you asked that your MIL respect a boundary you had about soda and your young child and she ignored you... not only ignored you but thinks it's funny and caused an argument between you and the child's father. While no one needs your consent to laugh, it was disrespectful.

• 2 months ago

Being a mum and grandma I can see it from both points of view but as your are the mum your MIL should follow your instructions or at least ask if she can give it to your child

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.