Officer does U-turn on busy 4 lane road to go after 151cc scooter doing 51 in a 45?

Which is more dangerous? A 151cc scooter momentarily doing 6 MPH over the speed limit, or a police car doing a U-turn over double solid lines on a busy 4 lane road to go after said scooter? I would submit to you that the latter is much more dangerous. What do you think? I think it shows our police department is bored out their minds, and trying to justify their 50K starting salaries. And yet they are continually saying they are understate and underpaid. Hmmm. Really? Sounds to me like they have so little to do that they resort to harassing people. What do you think? Now yes I know some smart *** is going to say the real crime here is that I was riding a scooter. And to that I was say HA HA. I have no excuse for my tastes in motorcycles.

Favorite Answer

That's not new... MANY TIMES COPS commit more than one misdemeanor to enforce a enfraction just to get their ticket Quota and money for the day. They do not like to admit it but they are told to try to make at least 3/4 of their pay in writing tickets daily..  Many times a COP BREAKS Three times as many laws to enforce JUST ONE law but they are basicallt exempt for the law as they are the ones with the Badge and Gun.. Like when they turn on lights and sirene to go threw trafic then turn it off... BUT you ask them and they will say the call was cancelled... OK Get a call start the run and 20 seconds later get a call it is cancelled... GIVE US A BREAK...   

• I woldnt want to.. I have had a brother who was a cop for 24 years a nephew who is a cop and have meet a lot of them and MOST ARE COMPLETE JERKS.

IDIOTS that argue over which is more dangerous are more dangerous than both.

If your department has a STATING salary of $50, they are WAY above average.

• Who is argueing over MOST DANGEROUS JOB... Thatwas not the question asked..

• james

Well he thought before the accident that he was allowed to. & He might be behind on coin collecting that week. It is also willful distruction of public property to drive across the center strip. A crime. & there is more to say about it.  But you disserve the ticket. If he had had a wreck you could be charges with accessory to murder. For speeding in a cops book.  

"they are understate and underpaid"? WHAT?? What does "understate" mean in English? Sounds to me like you're just a cry baby who got caught.

• Ed1 month agoReport

Is it my fault that Yahoo Answers doesn't allow me to edit after I click submit? No, it isn't. So stop being a dick, dick.

• Neil

You can submit it, but I'm not buying it.

Statistically, speed kills far more than police doing U-turns in pursuit of speeders.

• joedlh

I would put more faith in a trained officer making a U-turn with lights flashing than perhaps an underage, reckless operator on an unlicensed scooter on a busy highway. Or perhaps the scooter was reported as having been stolen. You haven't presented the complete context.

Were you the kid on the scooter?

• Ron

I absolutely agree but....if you can't do the time