what can be done about my teeth situation?

im a male in my forties from the uk, and i haven't seen a dentist in well over 6 months....and my teeth has a lot of tartar and plaque on them, yellowy stains....ive been brushing twice a day with pearl drops, a special whitening toothpaste....but its making little difference?

i drink a lot of coffee and tea which i think could be causing the stains, tartar and plaque....but with this lockdown pandemic and think many dentists are shut, my dentist i think may be shut.....and im very self conscious about my yellowy teeth with tartar and plaque.

so what can i do to remove the stains, plaque and tartar? and when will dentists reopen?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Try brushing with baking soda and lemon juice, it’s pretty effective at removing stains.  Once the dentists open see about getting a professional cleaning and whitening.  

FYI, I live in Florida and the Dentists are all open here, I have no idea when they open in Briton. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I am sure your dentist will like the challenge.maybe rinse your mouth after every coffee

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can get whitening toothpaste and whitening treatments here in the US. but the plaque is caused by poor dental hygiene. You should string floss twice a day and brush with flouride toothpaste twice a dat as well

• 1 month ago

You obviously don't brush everyday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your thinking all dentists are shut, is simply procrastination. Stop 'thinking' and call the dentist to make an appointment. If that appointment gets cancelled, make another.

• 1 month ago

You can go to the hygienist for a clean and polish. £25, £40 or £70 I think it costs

• 1 month ago

You’ll definitely need a cleaning, as there’s not much else you can do for plaque - be sure to floss too, as you wait for them to open

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.