what can be done about my teeth situation?

im a male in my forties from the uk, and i haven't seen a dentist in well over 6 months....and my teeth has a lot of tartar and plaque on them, yellowy stains....ive been brushing twice a day with pearl drops, a special whitening toothpaste....but its making little difference?

i drink a lot of coffee and tea which i think could be causing the stains, tartar and plaque....but with this lockdown pandemic and think many dentists are shut, my dentist i think may be shut.....and im very self conscious about my yellowy teeth with tartar and plaque.

so what can i do to remove the stains, plaque and tartar? and when will dentists reopen?

Favorite Answer

Try brushing with baking soda and lemon juice, it’s pretty effective at removing stains.  Once the dentists open see about getting a professional cleaning and whitening.  

FYI, I live in Florida and the Dentists are all open here, I have no idea when they open in Briton. 

• patty

I am sure your dentist will like the challenge.maybe rinse your mouth after every coffee

• A

You can get whitening toothpaste and whitening treatments here in the US. but the plaque is caused by poor dental hygiene. You should string floss twice a day and brush with flouride toothpaste twice a dat as well

You obviously don't brush everyday.

Your thinking all dentists are shut, is simply procrastination. Stop 'thinking' and call the dentist to make an appointment. If that appointment gets cancelled, make another.

You can go to the hygienist for a clean and polish. £25, £40 or £70 I think it costs

You’ll definitely need a cleaning, as there’s not much else you can do for plaque - be sure to floss too, as you wait for them to open