Should the government require mandatory GMO labeling? ?

Do you believe that the government should require companies that use GMOs in their products to label it as "may contain GMOs" or "produced with generic engineering" or something along those lines?  Even though you can ALREADY avoid GMOs without them being required to be labeled and even though they've never been shown to be harmful for human consumption? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Zardoz
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Everything you eat is GMO. Have you ever seen what natural corn looks like? Your dog is a GMO wolf.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

YES. Customers should have a choice in whether to consume GMO products or not.

What do you mean by "you can ALREADY avoid GMOs without them being required to be labeled "?

Whether there is proof that it's harmful to some people is irrelevant. People who refuse GMO have other valid reasons, pertaining to loss of biodiversity, the use of pesticides and the amount of power granted to multinational corporations

• ...Show all comments
    • Pacna
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Good for them for having other reasons but that shouldn't be my problem. Why should I have to pay more for my food because you're scared of something you're not even forced to buy? Lol

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Whats the point? If you really care they should be labeled what kind of gmo is included in the ingredients. Otherwise its useless info.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.