Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

buying a car for the first time 2010 nissan sentra?

I am buying a car for the first time. I live in Canada. I have a part time job. I am planning to buy a used car.

2010 nissan sentra.

What are you recommendations

6 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would get a Honda or Toyota.   Getting a new car may get you 0 interest rate so you would end up paying the same with a used car with a higher interest rate.   So, also think about buying new.   

Also, ask what kind of transmission the car has.   If the car has a CVT transmission you need to service it and change the transmission fluid on it or you will not have a car if you don't. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You might consider a Civic, Corolla or Mazda3 as better options. Sentra is not terrible, but the others are better.

• 2 months ago

Several points. Are you buying private sale or from a retail car business ?

In either case, make the purchase contingent on the car passing an inspection with a mechanic of your choice.

Next, if you are not planning to pay the full price up front, how will you make the payments over time, and how will you qualify to do that ?

Next, look over the Ontario Used Vehicle Information package:

• 2 months ago

Buy it on the last Friday of the month after 5:30pm.

The sales people want to get one more sale on their commission check that they get the first week of the month and they will try harder to get their manager to accept your offer.

Don'y get talked into buying extended warranties.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you know nothing about used cars, always get a professional mechanic to look over and inspect any car you think you want to buy. Based on that report and any problems found, you can either negotiate a better price or walk away from the car. Otherwise, risk buying a problem car that you can't do anything about after the purchase.

• 2 months ago

If you are going to buy second hand, either have someone come with you that has mechanic skills, so they can look the engine and body over, or tell them that you want to take the car to a garage of your choice and have a mechanic look the car over. If they have nothing to hide, they won't mind either option. If they get foofy about it that is a strong indication that you might want to go elsewhere for your car.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.