What is the best whisky for a beginner?

So I've never drank before, and I want to try some... and I thought about whisky, is it a good choice or do you think I should try something else, and what do you think about Jack Daniels no7 black?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Try Glenmorangie single malt scotch.

• 4 months ago

Try Jameson's if you want to know what whiskey is supposed to taste like. Then you can try others if you like it. It's definitely an acquired taste. 

• 4 months ago

Jack Daniels is basically bourbon.  "Tennessee whisky" is purely marketing malarkey.   A better whiskey to begin with is Famous Grouse which is Scotch.  It's about the same price and  a well balanced whisky that delivers taste far above its weight.   Thank me later. 

• 4 months ago

It is a good start for someone who aspires to become an alcoholic, sure. Liquor is said to be "the devil in a bottle".

I drink beer sometimes, and i do drink vodka once in a while.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Budweiser is not a particularly good beer, but because of the name, it should be every man's first beer. Same deal with Jack. I would recommend Forester. If you're the analytical time, I'd suggest you sample Rebel Yell (wheated) against Mellow Corn. (https://www.thespruceeats.com/10-best-affordable-a... If you were my son, the first bourbon I'd buy you would be a Blanton's.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

If you've never drunk alcohol before then whisky seems a VERY odd choice. I wouldn't suggest spirits of any kind.

I'd have thought a few cans of beer or lager or even cider would be best, or a bottle of medium sweet white wine.

Sorry, I don't remember ever having Jack Daniels No 7.

• 4 months ago

If you have never drank alcoholic beverages before, I wouldn't start with hard liquor. Buy a six-pack of good beer or a bottle of white zinfandel wine.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Perhaps your imam can suggest one.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Jack Daniels is not whiskey. it is Sour Mash. Learn the difference.

• 4 months ago

If it contains alcohol, I don't drink it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.