What is the best whisky for a beginner?

So I've never drank before, and I want to try some... and I thought about whisky, is it a good choice or do you think I should try something else, and what do you think about Jack Daniels no7 black?

• F

Try Glenmorangie single malt scotch.

Try Jameson's if you want to know what whiskey is supposed to taste like. Then you can try others if you like it. It's definitely an acquired taste. 

Jack Daniels is basically bourbon.  "Tennessee whisky" is purely marketing malarkey.   A better whiskey to begin with is Famous Grouse which is Scotch.  It's about the same price and  a well balanced whisky that delivers taste far above its weight.   Thank me later. 

It is a good start for someone who aspires to become an alcoholic, sure. Liquor is said to be "the devil in a bottle".

I drink beer sometimes, and i do drink vodka once in a while.

Budweiser is not a particularly good beer, but because of the name, it should be every man's first beer. Same deal with Jack. I would recommend Forester. If you're the analytical time, I'd suggest you sample Rebel Yell (wheated) against Mellow Corn. (https://www.thespruceeats.com/10-best-affordable-a... If you were my son, the first bourbon I'd buy you would be a Blanton's.

If you've never drunk alcohol before then whisky seems a VERY odd choice. I wouldn't suggest spirits of any kind.

I'd have thought a few cans of beer or lager or even cider would be best, or a bottle of medium sweet white wine.

Sorry, I don't remember ever having Jack Daniels No 7.

If you have never drank alcoholic beverages before, I wouldn't start with hard liquor. Buy a six-pack of good beer or a bottle of white zinfandel wine.

Perhaps your imam can suggest one.

• kswck2

Jack Daniels is not whiskey. it is Sour Mash. Learn the difference.

If it contains alcohol, I don't drink it.