Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Is it weird that I drink alcohol just to drink something, and don't intend to actually get drunk?

For example I'll have a few beers just because I like the taste, but have no plans to get drunk

I love beer, and since the "stay at home" started over 70 days ago or so, i've managed to ;pack on some weight. So i had to give up beer, because the beer was the main issue with my weight gain.

• kswck2

Yes, it Is weird.

Grown ups don't drink alcohol because they want to get drunk! They drink because they like the taste and the feeling it gives them.

Not weird at all.  Sometimes the perfect beverage happens to alcoholic but you don't want any more the right amount to go with your meal like steak and wine or brats and beer, or just one perfectly cold beer after work.

This may come as a surprise to some people, but not everyone has the intention of getting drunk when they drink. In fact, I'd say most adults who are not alcoholics don't intend to get drunk every time they drink.

• Gorgia

Not really weird kadjf;aklsdjf;klj