Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 4 months ago

(hypothetical, so don't say time travel isn't real) What if time travelers made Prince John Prime Minister of the UK?

Would he dissolve parliament? What would happen to the Royal Family? Would the UK survive? What would the flag look like? How would the world React?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Nancy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

Time travel isn't real.

Aw, damnit!!! Now I've gone and done it.

Time travel isn't real.

Oh crap. There I went and did it again. So sorry.

Time travel isn't real.

I don't know what's come over me. I just can't apologize enough.

Time travel isn't real.

Ugh, a thousand apologies!!!!

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Of all the things you seem to imagine, the possibility of time travel is the least unlikely.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Who is Prince John, and what does he have to do with the Prime Minister of the UK?

• Clo
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Which Prince John? Any Prince John from the past would not be able to  be Prime Minister. Royals must be apolitical and can not hold political office.

A prince from the past would not be able to function in today's world and would have to learn about the changes that have taken place in the monarchy and the world. Prince John would be busy learning about history.

A Prime Minister is elected by the winning political party and a time traveler would not  even be able make Prince John a Member of Parliament much less its leader.

A Prime Minister can not dissolve Parliament. That is the job of the monarch.

Nothing would happen to the royals or to the flag since John's presence would have no effect to the structure of succession, government.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • The Prime Minister does not have the power to dissolve Parliament - that is the prerogative of the Queen. If a prince became Prime Minister, it would very much change the role of the Royal family and bring them into the sphere of politics and the people. But it is not without precedent in the World: King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia was involved in politics and served as the country's Prime Minister. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Prince John would have no idea what the United Kingdom is, 

or what a Prime Minister is, come to that.

• 4 months ago

Which Prince John? Do you mean King John? Or do you mean the late dowager queen Mary’s little boy?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Don't be such an idiot it cant and wouldn't happen.

Members of the royal family cant stand for election.

Trolls have no common sense at all.

• 4 months ago

The Prime Minister has to be an elected member of the House of Commons.

• Rico
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Members of the Royal Family can’t become the British PM, 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.