Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

How did people in the olden days get by without smartphones? I would have totally died?

41 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

The 'olden days' is not that far back......the 1990's.  At that time, very few people had cell phones - I know I sure didn't.  I was answering phones at work and I had a land line at home - the last thing I wanted was a stupid cell phone to distract from my driving and quiet time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

This is a habit. The smart phone has become valuable due to the advanced features and there are various functions in the smart phone. The companies are adding new features to grab the market of young generation.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It was easy. I don't even have a cell phone at this time. I've gotten a prepaid one before. The hardest thing is GPS. Back then, we had to pull over and call someone at a pay phone. There are no pay phones now. 

• Rick
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I have never owned a 'smart' phone and don't want one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No you wouldn’t have died. In fact you probably would’ve had better concentration, more money, a betteive life,  longer attention span, less generalized anxiety disorder, etc. You could have ruled the world

• 1 month ago

They didn't know about them and their lives were just fine without them.

• 1 month ago

Hmmm...you would have "totally died?"  Seriously?  Why--because none of your calls would have gone through? 

• 1 month ago

Old times people didnt notice this as their brains were smaller & needed less action!Or why else didnt they invent those things yet?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What you have never had or existed you never miss. 

• 1 month ago

ive never had one and i manage to survive

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.