Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 months ago

Is it considered weird for men to wear shorter shorts (about mid-thigh or so)?

I have been wanting to buy some shorter shorts for a long time, but I don't want to stand out in a negative way, or for others to make fun of me. 

do it. be a trendsetter! that's not even that short, i think it would look fine, but who cares what i think. do what you want, if you wear them with confidence, it won't matter what people have to say. 

• Lili

They're not fashionable at the moment and haven't been for some years.  So, yes, people would find them odd.

I'm not even sure where you'd buy them. You might have to have some shortened.

• Nick

Yes. Only gay men wear shorts shorter than knee length

• Jim

Wear whatever you want to wear.  I have a brother-in-law who is now 83. As long as I've known him he has worn short shorts- above mid-thigh.  He is a tall man and when younger was large enough that people wouldn't dare make fun of him. I never thought he looked funny in them. He liked them so he wore them. You can do the same.

Don't mind other's opinion. Wear what you want to wear as long as it's appropriate.

• Dr. D

If you are fragile and worried about what others might say, then dress like everybody else does. 

If you have a healthy self-esteem and are your own person, then you can wear whatever you want. 

When you get older you realize that people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. 

i would just wear what you want

• elhigh

I used to wear shorts that came down just below the cheeks of my butt; fashion wasn't kind back then but luck was on my side: there are no photos to immortalize how I dressed at the time.

Is it weird: right now, kinda.  But what guys are wearing as shorts right now just strike me as "capris for men."  But it'll come back. Maybe you'll be one of the vanguard that just says "to hell with GQ, I'm frikkin hot and I'm wearing shorter shorts. Deal with it."  And next thing you know, all the guys are wearing shorter shorts.

Ultimately what you wear is up to you and no one else. Wear 'em long, short, whatevs. Your clothes, your call. Everyone else can go hang.

• Kira

If you can find them in stores go ahead and buy them.   The shorts would not be there if people did not buy them.

• Times

yes that's too short. Should be no shorter than your upper knee.