Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Why does getting punched hurt less than getting spanked with a paddle?

This might be me as a person but yeah I was spanked with a paddle as a child quite a lot actually by my mom. I don't agree with spanking so let me make that very clear but I had it done to me basically my whole life as well. Also my mom one time split the paddle in half by hitting a table and put tape on it and yeah it did make it hurt worse. My mom would also prefer that I be naked when she spanked me so my clothes wouldn't cover up the blows. But yeah this basically went on until I was 15. Then in high school I meet some friends who did backyard boxing matches and I would get involved in them. They were unofficial and dangerous and if the school found out it would've been stopped but it didn't. I have been hit with a bare knuckle before I don't think boxing gloves have much of a difference. Anyway yeah after high school I am training to become a boxing. But it has made me ask like why would parents want to spank their kids when it hurts worse than being punched? I don't know if it's just me but spanking is definitely a lot more painful than a boxing match because you usually don't feel it right away and then later on it does hit you. But either way I've actually yet to experience a pain more painful than being spanked by a paddle with tape even with clothes on.

Yes, spankings are intended to hurt a lot. That’s why they’re a punishment. 

Parents spank their kids to induce physical pain (in a safe, controlled manner) as a deterrent for misbehavior. I don’t think it’s the best method of punishment either, but it’s done for a reason. Personally, I find non-physical methods of discipline (time out, taking away privileges, grounding, etc) to be more effective than spanking, although every child responds differently to different methods, and if a parent chooses to utilize physical punishment, they have every right to make that choice, as long as they aren’t being abusive.

And I’ve never been in a boxing match, so I can’t relate to that experience.

Punching seems to cause the most physcl hrm

whl slapping more so messes w/ur psych & thn

gtting spat on is probably wors symblc form f 

Battery :(

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

You ever been throat punched?  Let’s talk about hurt.  

That’s why guys pay girls to spank them with a paddle