Which expression is equivalent to 34⋅ 3−9? (4 points)?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • sepia
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

34⋅3 − 9 = 93

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

If this is a multiple choice question, you don't list any of the choices. But if it's not a multiple choice question, then you could figure out the answer to this expression. And then come up with another expression that gives you the same answer.

For example, suppose we have 4 x 8 as one expression. We know this answer would be 32. So how else can you get 32? Well, you could take 2 x 16.  So 2 x 16 would be an equivalent expression.

Another thing you could do is look at the various pieces of the expression to see if you can come up with an alternative for it. That can give you another expression that would be equivalent. 

Using my above example of finding an equivalent to 4 x 8, you could look at the 4 and see how else can you get this? Well, you could take 2 x 2. So substituting this for the 4 would give you 2 x 2 x 8. 

So 2 x 16 and 2 x 2 x 8 would be equivalent to 4 x 8. They all come out to an answer of 32.

FYI, if somebody were to write 8 x 4 as their equivalent expression, this is actually correct. But whether a teacher would accept this answer is up to them. In other words, your teacher may or may not allow you to simply switch the ordering of the numbers. So your teacher may want things at a higher level than merely changing the order of the numbers.

Source(s): I've taught math plus many other subjects. And have helped out lots of students to help them better understand and learn.
  • 2 months ago

34⋅3 − 9

= 34 × 3 - 9

= 93

• 2 months ago

There it had to be made the album this is the end of what is all been spoken by making a spoken album can you find all what dictatorships is all about you should be able to find the so called is all bern spokem 180.000 years ago if you reach this I always been said I was that artist but the accident with the bus going on yellow light was totally unexpected I was always to be said unexpected

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You failed to show the expressions.

Here are some equivalent expressions

102 - 9

31 * 3

51 * 2 - 3 * 3

17 * 6 - 9

90 + 3

45 + 50 - 2

• 2 months ago

34 • 3 = 102 and 102 - 9 = 93

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.