Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Why are people wearing facemasks in their vehicles while driving alone?

They're already isolated from other people. Do they think Coronavirus is going to fly through the air, penetrate their vehicle and infect them?  

I already realize that many brainwashed people are going to rationalize this and try to make it make sense although it makes no sense not is it logical to the quarantine. If you're already isolated in a vehicle ALONE a mask makes no sense. 

I stand corrected that there are some valid reasons. I was referring to the mindless media drones that think and do whatever the media tells them to. There are a few idiots that answered here that took my comments personally and they are the kind that fit the media drone profile who are just tailoring their answer to my question and others rational answers to make it appear they have have a valid reasos

The ones that took my comments are the ones I was targeting with my brainwashing comments because the guilt always react that way because they know who they are. 

why are you so upset by people who are wearing masks in their car? snowflake much? 

• Emerald Isle

He's angry and scared. Loads of people like to think they know better than everyone else. It makes the treat less real and helps them feel in control of the situation. He is one of billions of people doing the same thing.

When you go in and out of stores, running errands you just forget about it and wind up sitting in a car with your mask on. I know from personal experience.

I've lived abroad in different countries in Asia at months at a time to remotely work and travel. Wearing masks can be a normal thing in different countries depending on the season. In Thailand, there's burning season and the air quality gets really bad so everyone wears a mask. China has poor air quality from time to time which affects other countries based on the air current. I noticed China wearing masks from the early 2000s during President Bush's years while they were battling SARs. So, it's not new. It's only new for Americans. 

Dr Birx, Fauci and our federal government has issued an advisory to wear the masks while governors may have issued a mandatory state-wide order. It was after a Study that came from Singapore proved that masks do make a difference. It's also logical if you think about physics and particles on a subatomic level. People who say it doesn't make a difference don't know what they're talking about. I believe I read 35% of the people infected can be asymptomatic spreaders (not sure how they whole know what % of infected are asymptomatic, especially since not everyone gets a test and most states and countries lie about the number to make it lower than it really is. Trump even said he doesn't want more testing because those numbers will go up and if they go up America will look really bad. Florida stopped counting the Co-Vid deaths. Governor Kemp manipulated his numbers and data to make it look safer than it really was.) It's less to do for their personal protection but more to do with preventing spread around them. It's the droplets that people form can be reduced if people are wearing a face covering. I have family in Korea, everyone wore a mask there and they worked together to keep the spread from happening and they're much safer now. Korea had their first Co-Vid19 patient at the same time we had ours.

Wearing a mask shouldn't be a political statement. It's public health. You can call me a media drone but I have friends and family abroad in different countries. They're all wearing the masks and not crying about it. They are crying about the deaths. I do live in NY with friends and relatives in medical and I hear their stories. It got to a point where there were so many dead bodies they didn't know where to dump them in this state. I don't need media to tell me this is serious, it's friends, family, and personal experiences. I'm seeing what's happening. So many of my friend's family members have died. I have a co-worker who has been going to funeral after funeral because of the virus. My friend has been hospitalized. I also dated a doctor involved with public health, I know his whole take on it. I do listen to some news but it's news all around the world, not just America or only one part of the media spectrum. 

Those masks, if they can make a small difference in preventing spread, is worth doing. It's worth protecting the people around us and that should out-weigh a person's minor annoyance to having to wear the mask if it could prevent one person from getting sick. I believe wearing a mask should be basic human decency. I've met some people who've died from this.

they could be driving down a few block to pay a bill or go to the stores . why take it off if you have to go a few places they just keep it on . dont forget to use a new one dont keep useing the shame one over and over

• Fred XX00 I

No one wants to catch the corona virus made by the government and all the little helpers of the devil 

1. They're scared & nervous

2. They feel insecure & need to virtue signal.. (thanks Joshua)

3. They're sheep

4.  They always do as told by authority

• gibbsmb

I found myself driving down the road w/ mask on.. So yes Atheist, that probably is the number one reason.

LOL... I do see them around as well and wonder what in the world!! But then I caught myself doing it without knowing and my explanation is that I completely forgot to take it out once I left the store OOPS

• If you have a really comfortable face mask that doesn't block your breathing to any significant degree, it's easier and safer just to leave it on.

Strictly speaking, most masks are "single use" which means --- put them on and no taking them on and off with possibly contaminated fingers.

To avoid the hassle of putting it back later where is required. But, yah I think that face mask thing is unnecessary in my opinion. Sometimes I forget it 

• bagsy84

as for the petri dish, yes if the dish was   1 foot away. but not  if  you are 6 feet. thats why they work together, also, only  dofus remains in the same 6 feet location  after someone sneezes or coughs,   that 6 feet is your grace period distance to GTFO away when  someone sneezes.

That is a good question.

Ideally you should not or at least minimize touching your mask.  If you're not done going about your chores outside of home then maybe it is a lot safer to just keep it on wherever you are until you are ready to discard it.  Unless you have an abundant supply of disposable ones.  

• Ann

Why do people wear a mask below their nose? Eternal questions no one can answer.