Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Can someone make a good case about spanking without attacking others or making it about you?

This is my problem with people who spank. Parents who spank I know in real life usually have an issue about them that makes them a bad person. While people who don't spank are what I see as the more relaxed people and the people I want to be around more. I was spanked as a child and I never agreed with it in fact it made things even worse because that was the only attention I got from my mom. While my dad didn't spank I wasn't really raised by him either and really he is one of the more open minded people I know and I have more respect for him as a parent than my mom. Not to say I don't respect my mom but not as a parent she only spanked because she was lazy and I knew that too. And Super Nanny also proves spanking doesn't work. I do agree with watching Super Nanny because she knows what she's talking about. Give your kids fair warning and if they keep doing it put them in time out. Some things they do for attention like hitting and swearing which should be ignored. And truthfully yeah I misbehave towards my mom who did spank me while I was pretty much myself and more behaving around my dad who didn't spank. Because my dad actually was a caring parent and did spend the right time with me while my mom like a lot of other parents who spank didn't really hang out with me. And parents spank because it helps the short term but not the long term and this has been proven too. So yeah lazy parents usually spank.

It might seem hypocritical from a stance but if you know some of these people in real life you'd understand what I'm getting at.

Okay I agree with spanking now. I think we should kill our kids if they don't behave.

Can someone ask a baited question?  Yes you can.

• edward

Rude. My parents are the hardest working people i know. My mom always has spare time for her kids (not so much anymore since she loves her grandson more). My dad always has advice if we need it. Time out was just me waiting for it to end. Didn’t work. My parents taught me about action and consequence. If i did something bad, something bad happened to me. Time outs didn’t work, i didn’t play video games, there was literally nothing they could do to discipline me. Apathetic in those situations. Spanking was the only thing i was remotely afraid of and the only thing that would focus me. Not all kids are the same...super nanny needs to see that relaxing on the stairs or a stool isn’t punishment. It’s a break. Another thing...hitting phucking hurts! There are no laws protecting parents from the children when they grow up and continue that kind of behaviour because IT SHOULD BE IGNORED! They have raised abusive adults. I have more to say but i’ve run out of space

Spanking is fine for unruly kid's who dn' lstn

to time-out nor any other mean f pnlty simply 

don't slap anywhere but the butt & nt whl mad

too, yo :)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

My opinion is that it's not about lazy or not lazy, it's more about tradition. People are more likely to continue using parenting methods that their own parents used, people are more likely to parent in similar ways to those they spend the most time around/get the most support from (American culture is very ingrained with conservative Christianity). I believe that the vast majority of parents want to do the best they can and make sure their children are respectful and responsible people and are, sadly, convinced that children need to be struck to learn respect because they were told as children themselves, they needed to be hit to "learn a lesson". I absolutely disagree with spanking and the use of physical and emotional violence when parenting/disciplining. However, I do not agree that parents who spank are "lazy" or want to harm their children... not the majority, they are misinformed, they are unsupported to use other methods, they are doing their best. Is "doing their best" an excuse for perpetuating violence in the home? Not at all, but it serves no one to stand on your own side of the fence yelling insults at the other side.

I'm not pro spanking but do you know what the word Hypocrite means?