What type of metal should I use to protect my door from dog scratching?

I wanted white or something I could paint, 29 x 30.

Rat sticky paper. When the dog goes to scratch he'll get his paws stuck and not like it and learn not to do that anymore. Don't worry, he's strong enough to pull off it, unlike rats. Just make sure it's not one that also has a poison in it.

• Edwena

Go buy the smallest roll of aluminum flashing that you can find at Home Depot. It will be enough to cover your door for the dog. You can cut a clean edge with a knife, like a razor knife and a straight edge, like a board. It is easy to cut. Buy a small sample size can of paint to match the door and paint the scratches before you nail on the aluminum cover. So take a sample of the door paint to HD so they can match the color.

Any door plate will be equally effective.

Proper training of the dog will work best.

Note: The actual purpose of a kick plate is NOT to prevent damage. It is to be what is damaged and inexpensive to replace.