Hondo98 asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why do anti-pit bull crusaders ignore important facts, like attacks by them were LOW for the first 150 years of the breed?

Are there any pit bull haters that will even take that fact into account?  Or these facts:  https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/10/25/bsl-and-dog...

Please answer fast.  Yahoo will take this question down.  Someone working there is unusually stupid and doesn't like it when I tell the truth.

Let me post a hypothetical situation and see if anyone wants to comment.  Let's say the media paint them are HORRIBLE KILLERS (which they did in the 1980s)  Is it POSSIBLE even that the worst possible owners would want them much more then and it would increase attacks dramatically?  Is it possible that fewer good owners like me would get one?  

Why do the pit bull haters think that the ASPCA had any motivation at all to lie, when they said, "A well-socialized and well-trained pit bull is one of the most delightful, intelligent, and gentle dogs imaginable."?  Or do they think conventional wisdom, EXACTLY the same force that burned 100,000 witches centuries ago, is SMARTER than dog experts?

The worst YEAR for pit bull fatalities had fewer people killed by pit bulls than are murdered by Americans with guns on the very lowest murder DAY of the year.  It's SUPER easy to prove mathematically that well over 999 of 1000 dogs NEVER attack people.  I believe more than 2% of pit bull owners, TODAY, are drug dealers or other evil people who WANT killers as pets.  That's at least 20 times as many owners as there are dogs that bite.

• "Why do anti-pit bull crusaders ignore important facts, like attacks by them were LOW for the first 150 years of the breed?"

I DO wish that people - USAmericans in particular - would LEARN to use English correctly! (Although the British are almost as bad, as proven by each 3-yearly PISA Report about how 15-years-old children perform on a 3-aspect test. See: http://factsmaps.com/pisa-2018-worldwide-ranking-a... My nation is one of the top 20 countries mapped in green, although we have dropped because of the education policies of our National government from 2008 through 2017. Thanks to CoVid-19 I doubt we'll rise in 2021's survey unless "everybody else" drops because their CoVid-19 actions were worse than ours.)

If there were such a creature as a "pit bull" it would be a male bovine (= bull) working in a mine (= pit), the same as a pit pony does.

The only ACTUAL breed that fits within the words "pit" and " bull" is the UKC's APBT, initials that stand for American Pit Bull Terrier (a breed & club recognised by no other kennel club in the world), and the APBT-crosses.

If your "150 years" claim were true, that would be surprising. That BREED hasn't existed for 150 years - to do so it would have to have been registered early in 1870. Reality is that on 10 February, 1898 the United Kennel Club was registered in Michigan, USA by Chauncey Zachariah Bennett, so that he could register his “Bennett's Ring” as an American Pit Bull Terrier. That was a mere 121 years after the Declaration of Independence was signed. And although bored slave-owners were notorious for gambling on dog fights and on how long a dog would take to kill every rat in the sack dropped into the pit aka ring, those dogs were rarely of ANY specific breed. The APBT has existed for only 122 years.

That you exaggerated so badly destroys your credibility.

• "Are there any pit bull haters that will even take that fact into account?  Or these facts:  https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/10/25/bsl-and-dog...

That team does well. But I doubt that its report is quite as factual as you believe.

• "Please answer fast.  Yahoo will take this question down.  Someone working there is unusually stupid and doesn't like it when I tell the truth."

I agree that Yahoo has deteriorated sadly since that con-artist was CEO, worse under Marissa Mayer. And under Verizon > Oath its YahooGroups have been made useless,and the changes to YahooAnswers ALL irritate me immensely!

But so far you have scored rather lower than 100% ACCURACY in this Question's claims.

• "Let me post a hypothetical situation and see if anyone wants to comment.  Let's say the media paint them are HORRIBLE KILLERS (which they did in the 1980s)  Is it POSSIBLE even that the worst possible owners would want them much more then and it would increase attacks dramatically?  Is it possible that fewer good owners like me would get one?"

I don't KNOW whether you are a good owner. The rest is HIGHLY probable.

• "Why do the pit bull haters think that the ASPCA had any motivation at all to lie, when they said, "A well-socialized and well-trained pit bull is one of the most delightful, intelligent, and gentle dogs imaginable."?"

I don't know - but I regard ANYONE who thinks that APBT = "pit bull" as being poor at learning punctuation, and probably deficient in other ways as well, and very likely to NOT know that some of the things they BELIEVE to be true are actually untrue.

"Or do they think conventional wisdom, EXACTLY the same force that burned 100,000 witches centuries ago, is SMARTER than dog experts?"

I believe that people who RESEARCH carefully are likely to be closer to the truth than you are. So I point out that the number YOU allege is between 100% and 150% greater than:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_execu... claims.

• "The worst YEAR for pit bull fatalities had fewer people killed by pit bulls than are murdered by Americans with guns on the very lowest murder DAY of the year."

Er... ahem... I kinda think that there are a HELLUVA lot more crazy Americans with guns than there are APBTS.

And I remind you that NOT ONCE have you supplied supporting EVIDENCE to support your allegations.

• "It's SUPER easy to prove mathematically that well over 999 of 1000 dogs NEVER attack people."

As a retired teacher, I suspect that YOUR arithmetic is immensely inferior to the mathematics I studied at high-school and university.

And with English having been ONE OF MY 4 my majors, I am literate enough to constantly notice your diversions, such as referring to DOGS in that line, instead of focussing on APBTs.

I have no idea how many individuals of ANY breed are alive in the USA, so cannot convert to %ages the TOTALS in Max's page that you linked us to. But, Max being a lawyer & researcher, I am confident that he will have been intelligent enough to have stored the SOURCES for each of his facts - even though he, like most USAmericans, is too sloppy linguistically to know that a ❗️German shepherd❗️ is a German man or boy who looks after sheep. The dogs that I've bought and bred from have a German breed name that in English translates as ❗️German Shepherd Dog❗️ - THREE words, with each of them requiring a capital letter.

He also thinks that the 3 varieties of Belgian Shepherd Dogs found in the USA are actually different BREEDS instead of a SINGLE breed (there is a 4th variety, but as far as I know it has never been imported to the USA).

• "I believe more than 2% of pit bull owners, TODAY, are drug dealers or other evil people who WANT killers as pets.  That's at least 20 times as many owners as there are dogs that bite. https://www.maxlawsc.com/dog-bite-statistics/

I suggest you REALLY STUDY the "How Dangerous Are Pitbulls?" section of that article. But to understand the overall situation, focus on the red bar-graph in: https://blogs-images.forbes.com/niallmccarthy/file... and realise that the 284 killed by APBTs (and other so-called "Pit Bulls") is almost EXACTLY double the COMBINED 146 total of the next 9 breeds & cross breeds.

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

Not as many a$$hole tough-guy owners as they have these days.

Despite the fact that they cause over 70% of dog-related deaths.

Same with stafforshire terriers.. but theyre very popular In the uk and the ones my family had were the most friendliest best dogs we've had.. shame pitbulls are illegal here

What in the hell is your point.? Pitties are a great breed!

• Hondo98

It's very easy to deduce my point if you read all that I posted, here.

It was just a bunch of bully breeds being bred to each other. They were mutts then & they still are.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+breed+of+dog+...

This is a list you need to see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_at...

Even back in the day of bull baiting & fighting the dogs were taught not to bite people. Someone had to handle them.

I don't even know. Pit bulls don't deserve all the hate and discrimination they get. Just because they were bred to fight? Just because some @ssholes decided it would be fun to abuse them into "killing machines"? All of my pits were damn friendly with every creature they ever met. There wasn't an aggressive bone in their bodies. That just proves to me it's ALL in how you treat 'em. Treat a pit like scum and they'll hate you and hate the world. Treat a pit like gold and they'll love you for it.

Pits deserve kind-hearted, capable owners who know how to properly handle them. The fact that so many of them have ended up in the hands of psychopaths makes me sick.

They don't deserve it.

• ^^ I agree. ANY dog in the hands of a bad owner will do damage. Pits just happened to be the target of awful people because of their physical capacity. They were taken advantage of and it's not their fault in the slightest

• Jack H

The pit bull did not exist 200 years ago, its an amalgamation of several breeds created in about the last thirty years or so, its still not a *pure breed* and not likely to be, there are some which make really nice pets when brought up properly but many are never trained or socialised and become a problem, many people obtain them for the wrong reason and can't handle them, they aren't born bad, but some turn bad easier than others, sadly...

• Hondo98

Thank you for another adult answer.  ALL I ask is for the people who are positive they're too smart to be wrong to account for facts, and most refuse.  It kills me.

Not that i care one way or another but thay doesnt disprove anything. Thats like saying gee Al Qaeda never attacked US for the first 20 years of its existance why are people anti al qaeda

• Hondo98

I was at least as ignorant as the haters, before the library.  My 'macho' brother told me get a pit bull.  I said, "I don't want a dog that kills." Notice double quotes.  In 1990 or 91, the library contained ABSOLUTELY NOTHING saying pit bulls were bad dogs.  NOTHING AT ALL. Because they're not bad.

Yet they statistically make up for more bites and attacks than any other breed combined

• ellia2 months agoReport

apparently this is in the uk so its a bit different as pibulls are illegal but people also put Staffordshire terriers in the category soooooo