Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 months ago

Why does it seem like women are more dishonest than men?

no they are not they will all ways be lower all they do is shake there cakes and  booty

to get a higher rate

Can't trust anything that can bleed for a few days and not die...

• Elana

Look, for a second, at the big lies that one gender can tell that the other can't:

"I'm pregnant"

"It's your baby."

What are the equivalent male lies?

At least In in the US, I can't think of one that is anywhere near as devastating in its possible effects that can only be told by one gender.

Sure, there are worse lies, but they can be told by both genders.  Even "I won't hit you again" is surprisingly un-gendered.

I don't think it is the tendency for one gender to lie over the other, it's the fact that some lies are simply not plausible from men.

Certainly, if feminists want to fight this perception, they should also support mandatory paternity testing.

It makes sense in Adam and Eve and the creation of the world. Adam came first and Eve was Adam's downfall and it hasn't change since. 

women have all ways been that way. Just look throughout history even back in the ancient days/bible days or whatever you wanna call them. Women have always been shown as a symbol of deception. I personally think its their nature.

I think they are equally dishonest. But because they use their sexuality to lure men in and then take everything they can from them, it makes them seem more dishonest. And then the no-fault divorce system in this country and other laws of course help them with that goal. And we are brought up to believe never to hit a woman so if they fu ck you over and even literally kick you in the balls you’re not even allowed to fight back. Or not only will you not be a “gentleman”  according to your upbringing but you’ll get arrested as well because of the way the laws are set up. Cops will laugh at a guy who says he’s being abused by a female usually. But if it’s the other way around you end up being dragged off to the station house.

.

I believe in equality ....

Tell that to the women who have been cheated by their husbands who have secret bank accounts to avoid paying child maintenance (something that has to be done BEFORE the marriage split - so definitely planned while the marriage is 'good'.) My ex cheated ME as well. I never cheated him. The bottom line is BOTH sexes can be dishonest - it's not exclusive to one, but to the level of honesty with each person.

Studies show that women are more honest than men, so the question is, why do we *seem* more dishonest, and the problem is that I don't perceive other women that way. For instance, I reckon women are less likely to have affairs or commit crime.

not  sure  they  are  more  dishonest … they  just  know  how  to  keep  secrets.