Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Would you refuse to fly on a flight that had a transgender flight attendant?

• Favorite Answer

Provided there are flight attendants to close and open the doors, deal with safety and emergencies and bring me a coffee, I couldn't care less about their sexuaity or gender problems.

Why this discrimination...they are also human beings, living independently at least. Let them do their job. This won't matter at all for a safe flight journey.

• Neil

That would be ridiculous.

No, I wouldn't even know or care.

I think I already have - transgenderism is no big deal in Thailand and I've flown Thai Airways often. All the attendants without exception were charming and beautiful but a handful of them had much larger feet and heavier make up than one might expect.

How can it possibly matter to you what gender a flight attendant was?

Oh but wait: one of the many reasons I gave up flying British Airways was that the female attendants were so gushingly attentive to male passengers while female passengers sat dying of thirst.

So while I certainly refuse to fly BA any more because of their female attendants, I can't imagine having any problems with transgender ones.

How would you know that an attendant was transgender?

• bluebellbkk

Often it's impossible, but sometimes it's clear enough.

I can't imagine why the gender of a flight attendant would be in any way relevant to the flight, or you.

• geezer

NO                                                              

• ?

Ive never been on a flight where any part of the in flight service was performed using the flight attendants genitals. I therefore dont see why the exact status of their downstairs area should have any bearing on my decision whether or not to fly with then

Imagine any passenger wanting to burden themselves in such a stupid way? Nobody would have even known this attendant was transgender, if they, or somebody else didn't feel the need to glorify the moment like it was a big deal in the first place. In that sense, any hate the transgender is subjected to, may well be on them.