Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsMy Yahoo Β· 6 months ago

do goldfisih make goood pets?

I guess so, but you must remember not to overfeed them. I haven't had any pet fish since I was a kid.

That would depend on what exactly you want of a pet.Β Β  They are comparatively low maintenance but there is little to no one to one relationship.

No,goldfish looking cute but good pet

• Not really. But they look cute.Β 

No, you can't take them for a walk.

• Olive

I suppose if you like watching them swim around slowly for hours

The only slightly amusing thing they do is say "bob" repeatedly but that gets boring in a few seconds. You might as well just carve a couple of carrots into a fish shape and put them in a tank.

Yes, but not really for beginners. Just trust me when I say to get a beta fish instead. Goldfish are a rather dirty species of fish (in that they go to the bathroom all the time) and they will either need their water changed constantly or you will have to buy a strong filtration system. Beyond their lack of hygiene, they also will need another goldfish friend in their bowl so they don't get lonely and die of depression. They also eat more food, which makes them a bit more expensive than other fish to maintain (but it's not like fish food costs a lot so this is almost a moot point). They also have the tendency to eat any tank mates that are able to fit in their mouth. Beta fish on the other hand are much easier to care for, especially for beginners.