Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 4 months ago

Low blood sugar ?

What causes low blood sugar I never used to get it but this past week I’ve been getting it bad lately  and have to keep eating even when I don’t want to I’m getting shaky, palpitations and feel like I’m gonna pass out I’m not diagnosed with anything is there anything I can do to prevent or stop this 

People without diabetes can have low blood sugars, or hypoglycemia.  You should talk to your doctor about this.

Source(s): I was the Chairman of Outreach for the Diabetes Society of the Santa Clara Valley

Regardless of all the comments (some of them were awfully rude) please hear mine. I am a type one diabetic so I get HIGH and LOW blood sugars. I started as a hypoglycemic (someone who gets low blood sugar). Here are my questions: 

Do you get shaky and when you eat or drink juice it helps? 

What is your blood sugar? 

I would talk to your doctor about this as it is a scary and awful feeling. For now, carry around some food that hits you fast like juice to drink when you feel this way, see how you do in the next ten minutes. When and how often do you eat? This sounds like something I would talk to your doctor about. I went on. a diet for my hypo and it helped so much. 

Eat papaya or get yourself some pancreatic enzymes in the while drink chanka piedera tea every day until you unplug your gallbladder which is full of sludge from eating cheap pizza and junk food

• Shay

Are you testing your blood sugar when you think it is low.  Do you have PROOF that your symptoms are the result of low blood sugar?

Those symptoms can happen for other reasons so unless  you are testing when you feel the symptoms - there is no way to know if low sugar is actually the issue.

Now, if it is low blood sugar, eating balanced meals on a regular schedule will usually solve the problems.  For a person who has no diagnosed conditions, the issue is usually going too long without eating enough.  Or being too active without eating enough.

If the problem continues and you do prove it is low blood sugar, then  you should contact your doctor.  There are medical conditions that can cause low blood sugar.

For a while that was happening to me a couple times a month. I started keeping a food log and saw that it was directly related to consuming sugar. It didn't have to be a lot of sugar, but every single time I had one of these incidents, the shakiness, heart racing, faintness just like you're having, I'd eaten something sweet within the previous hour.

Example: In summertime I go walking in the morning, before it gets too hot. When I travel, I stay at hotels with a free breakfast. If I had eggs or fruit or toast, I was fine, but if I grabbed a doughnut or muffin, or had a waffle with syrup, I could almost guarantee it would happen.

Keep a food journal for a while, noting what you eat, how much, and what time, and on the facing page note your symptoms, the severity, when they start and end. I bet you'll see something links.

• Tulip

How do you know it's low blood sugar??

Make sure you're eating sufficient healthful protein, carbs and fats at every meal. Some also recommend that even snacks should be macronutrient-balanced in the same way.