How come most people don't marry by age 25 anymore?
- 1 month ago
For several reasons:
1. Career/Financial (people are striving to become financially independant since the economy mostly requires 2 people working at a household than a single breadwinner.
2. Social (seeing the divorce rates and people around them having divorce or separation, it alarms people to become more cautious and not rush into marriage).
3. Education (some people want to advance their education ex. medical or law school, so it delays getting married since they want to focus on their education).
4. Dating (since most people date, it tends to take away the value of marriage for some people, so they prefer not to get married by 25 years old. Also, they might be afraid of the title of marriage since it will involve legal, social, and property involvement so they delay marriage or not get married at all.
I hope this helps.
- Anonymous1 month ago
Because a lot of folks like to enjoy life first, before they ruin it by getting married.
- 1 month ago
I married when I was 21 (I'm in my 60's now) I now realise how young I was - certainly too young to know/recognise the butthead my fiancee/husband was! I think many people have seen the mistakes of their elders and are careful because of that. GOOD ON THEM!!
- JennaLv 41 month ago
For myself I have focused on getting my education, not letting relationships get in the way of me reaching my career goals. Once I am comfortable I will date and settle down. But why do that in my 20s when life expectancy is longer now days? There's no rush.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 month ago
Many reasons, some people haven't found anyone to date let alone marry, some are focusing on their education, living a single lifestyle, etc.
- LiverGirl98Lv 71 month ago
Marriage all comes down to personal choice, and people will decide if this is the right step for them for a variety of reasons. Some people will choose to wait longer for marriage, as they may wish to travel first, buy a house, save what they see as a substantial amount of money before embarking on this next chapter of their lives.
- PearlLv 72 months ago
they just havent found anyone to marry by then
- choko_canyonLv 72 months ago
They realized how unwise it is to marry before you're even fully an adult and have had some experience of the world.
- SeldomSeenLv 42 months ago
It has steadily gone up since 1970, but it's only 28 now. I would guess that more people are living together and more are putting education first. Then there is the normalizing of parenthood in unmarrieds.
- Hello, HeyLv 42 months ago
More women go to college. And they want to focus on their careers.