Jeremy asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

Do you think an easy life makes someone a loser?

I ask about myself. I'm 27, have never worked in my entire life. Live off the money dad deposits into mom's account and we both live comfortably along with my younger brother. I never had aspirations nor dreams, just caprices that were satisfied by money and more money. Now, I'm feeling like a loser. But... studying at 27? I'd be city's laughing stock. What are your thoughts on this? 

It is never too late to study. At 27, I would think you would want to get a life.

Wait another ten years, I suggest.

I don't think the city would notice or care if you threw yourself naked and on fire from the highest rooftop. No offense. They wouldn't care if I did either. Anyway, I generally go back to school about every ten years. There are plenty of adults in classes.

Yup. Totally useless to anyone but yourself. Scum, in my book, no matter how "nice" you might be.

You feel like a loser because you haven't made your mark on the world.  Pray for God's will and direction in your life.  I suggest reading the New Testament, Gospel of John first.  Lots of answers about life in the Bible.  Also read Proverbs and Psalms.  Consider asking Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior.  Getting to know and serve your Creator and  getting prepared for eternity will give meaning to your life. 

And going back to school at 27 is nothing to be ashamed of.  Better late than never. 

I was 29 when I went back to school to get my degrees but don' t worry life has a way of throwing you curve balls no matter how much money you have.

• Cogito

In a way, yes.

You've never stretched yourself, challenged yourself or found out what sort of a man you are.

You need some aspirations and dreams.  You need those challenges to become a whole person.  By studying, working, mixing with people from all walks of life, talking to a wide variety of others, facing difficulties and learning how to overcome them you become a true human being and start to achieve your potential.

Are you such a snowflake that you care if someone laughs at you for studying?  I went back to college at the age of 45 and trained to be a teacher.  My classmates were all ages, from 20 to 75.  No-one laughed but if anyone had, I'd have ignored them.

Go back to college.  Study.  Get a job.  You'll gain SO much - not least of all, some self-respect!  Good luck!

yeah bro sorry 

Good on you you got a life now you will know what life is succeed or fail it is you not dad 

A loser no, thats a bit harsh. Limited in life experiences yes; whether or not that is good or bad is subjective.