Will Pioneer SX-750 vintage stereo receiver matching with kef reference 103/2 or 103/4?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A lot depends on how large your listening room is; how lively the room is; how close you sit to the speakers ; how many listening positions you have; preferred listening level ;the type of music you listen to and also what condition the capacitors and resistors  are inside that vintage receiver....Under most common situations and if your receiver is still putting out close to original specs it should do fairly well...If you find yourself turning it up greater that 60% volume more than 51% of the time you probably need a more robust receiver...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes, but unless you always listen at relatively low volume,

you might want to consider a more powerful model.

• 2 months ago

Either will work fine with that amp, though I am not particularly impressed with the speaker specifications - I'd not pay all that much for those (the 103/4 appear to be worth around $150 - 200 a pair, depending on condition).

The low frequency rating of 50 or 60 Hz will not even reproduce the bass guitar in music properly, never mind a bass drum.

They would be fine on a surround amp with a decent active sub, but possibly so-so as the only speakers. 

The amp, by comparison, is specified down to 10Hz.

They are LP-era (vinyl era, for younger people) speakers, and LPs did/do not have a particularly good low frequency response, so that did not matter for those.

For CD and digital audio that has a lot of low frequency content, they may be lacking, on their own.

(I have a pair of Goodmans Achromat Sigmas for my front speakers, which are rated down to 35 Hz; they still sound better with a subwoofer on the system as well, for general music..)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.