Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 months ago

My dog doesn't eats vegetables. How do I make him to eat it?

My dog has a very bad eating habits and stupid. He only loves eating meat, eggs and butter. He won't eat fruits and veggies. My friend's dog is a vegetarian but still very strong.

@Lorraine : Then tell me why my friend's dog is soo strong inspite of being an ovo-lacto vegetarian. He eats curd, vegetables, eggs and wheat 

Meat is barely availabe in my country.

How to make him eat "it."  What is "it?"  Vegetables are "them."

Maybe you can't.  Maybe your friend is smarter than you are.  I'm very interested in what your friend's Vet has to say.

And where?  "Doesn't eats vegetables ... eat it" sounds like NOT in the USA.

"Meat is barely available in your country"? How did you get a dog in then?

It won't eat for you because...your obviously fattening it up for the slaughter, pig boy.

The dog better be free and gone from you pig boy when I see it. Otherwise you get to sit in its stomach pig boy.

i would mix vegetables in with meat and brown rice and they would eat the lot

Your story is complete and utter bullshit, especially when you claimed your friend's dog was strong despite not eating meat.

Reported.

Dogs HAVE TO HAVE MEAT!!!!!!!!!!! With no exceptions.

You must not know very much about dogs or you're just trolling through the dog section.

Dogs are not vegetarians. They are CARNIVORES. They are MEANT to eat meat and meat products, and dairy and eggs. And other ANIMALS. You can't "force" a dog to eat what YOU want--he's not YOU--and he's not a HUMAN BEING. Stop trying to be so idiotic and feed your dog properly. 

And if you don't believe me, ask a damned VET. 

Have fun trying...........Pleb

Dogs are carnivores and need meat.

Bullshit that your friends dog is vegetarian. Dogs cant break down and digest vegetation to get sufficient nutrients

A vegan diet isnt even healthy for a human

Just report the cowardly TROLL for FLAME BAITING.

Dogs are not vegetarians and not only do they not need fruit and veg but it can restrict the nutrition gained from the meat they eat.

Stop trying to make the dog a vegetarian.

Try doing some research...   

This is from a piece I have in all my notes when I was starting on raw feeding many years ago and it is on why dogs do not need or should not have veg.   Although I certainly do give mine some when I'm preparing veg..

"The dogs stomach acids are strong and designed for digesting large lumps of meat and raw bone. 

Dogs do not produce the necessary enzymes (e.g. amylase) in their saliva to start the breakdown process of carbohydrates and starches. This places an unnecessary burden on the pancreas forcing it to produced large amounts of amylase to deal with the carbohydrates, starch and cellulose in plant matter. Amylase in saliva is something found in the 'omnivorous' and herbivoral animal's process but not carnivorous animals. (Surely if dogs were meant to eat fruit such as bananas and apple would evolution not have designed dogs with a full set of 'ball joints' like humans and apes etc?)

The carnivores pancreas does not secret cellulase to split the cellulose into glucose molcules nor does a canine become efficient at digesting and assimilating and utilising plant material as a source of protein. 

Feeding canines like they are omnivore severely taxes the pancreas. It is the action of crushing and tearing flesh and bones that releases the enzymes needed for correct canine digestion. The nutrients contained in plant matter are unavailable to canines which is why synthetic feed contains high amounts of supplements, which are then destroyed by the process of cooking!"