Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 2 months ago

DSLR or Mirrorless, which do you prefer?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

i went fro

m DSLR to mirrorless

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Mirrorless camera is the best.

• 2 months ago

DSLR because I grew up with film SLRS first and they're much easier to hold steady and change settings on.  IBIS/Steady shot is a good feature, but when it went wrong in my old Sony A57 and was uneconomic to repair, I found I never really needed it anyway.

• 2 months ago

DSLR.

I prefer to have a camera that feels sturdy and take a slight bump. I also have big hands and can grip them better. 

I'm a sports photographer so I need to have access to a good range of accessories/lenses and they are better at autofocusing at high speeds. They have a better battery life aswell. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sumi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because I'm not a heavy sports/wildlife photographer, and I need IBIS, I prefer the mirrorless cameras.  Plus, with a mirrorless, you can adapt just about any lens by any manufacturer.  DSLRs are dying as the market begins to prefer mirrorless over them, and the manufacturers have taken notice and are slowing phasing DSLRs off of their line up of cameras.

• Iridflare
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

"and I need IBIS,"

A good reason for using Pentax!  

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

DSLR.

When I shot film, I sometimes used a rangefinder due to size/weight considerations (strictly a daylight camera, rangefinder, viewfinder 3 lenses and meter all fitted into my pockets, compared to the gadget-bag and tripod with my SLRs), but I've never seen the, "Advantages of a second digital system.

I always carry a high-end compact as a supplement to my DSLR, but could never replace it.

• 2 months ago

It depends what I'm doing - I use mirrorless when I'm travelling or out walking because it's light and compact, I use DSLR when I want long battery life.  It's not always a clear choice!  I might use a DSLR because it's rugged and weatherproof, but I assume there are equivalent mirrorless cameras? 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I prefer DSLR because there is no delay between what I see through the viewfinder and what is happening. Mirrorless cameras require buying new lenses and there is none that is equivalent to some of the lenses I use, such as the Sigma 400mm APO Tele Macro, which is very sharp and great for photographing birds. I can use an adapter to fit this lens to a mirrorless camera but the focus will be much slower if I do not lose autofocusing altogether. Because of that, I would lose the shot in many cases while I photograph a bird in flight and it is often a once in a lifetime photo opportunity. Lose it and you may never have another chance to make the shot. In short, buy the lens you need and then find a camera body to fit it. Do not buy a camera of your dreams and then try to find a lens that you need to do whatever photography you need. and find that none exists. Lens is more important than camera body.

• qrk
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I prefer DSLR since I have a bunch of lenses and DSLR has better battery life which is very important to me. Also, I can track my target (critter) for 30 minutes without consuming power and get a shot off in a jiffy. This is where mirrorless falls short since tracking targets requires the monitor to be on which consumes power.

Your shooting style may be different from mine and you may want a mirrorless since DSLRs have an iffy future and mirrorless bodies are nice and compact.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

As I own a DSLR I'm going to have to say DSLR.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.