Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 week ago

What would be considered evidence for the existence of God for atheists?

• 4 days ago

Artistic genius is not definable in terms of science, nor scientific genius in terms of art, so why should God be definable in terms of logical proof ?

• Phil M
    5 days ago

A burning bush perhaps? A story about one will not do.

• Gone Galt4 days agoReport

Will one instance suffice, or would you require that event to happen repeatedly?

• 6 days ago

He would have to come to earth and be tested for fraudulent acts, and perform things that humans cannot do, and cure all major illnesses on the planet earth, among a few other things. Oh, and  destroy all religions and all of the preachers and priests and anyone who is or has supported religion.

• 7 days ago

Whichever god you posit should know what would be evidence, not my problem if that god can't or won't provide it.

• Gone Galt4 days agoReport

TD, if you or any other non-believer cannot simply specify what kind of evidence would be sufficient to meet your own criteria, than that would account only for your own laziness.

7 days ago

Yes!  Even though they are being Touched by God's Noodly Appendages at all Times, they still don't believe.  They must be deliberately ignoring God's touch.

• 7 days ago

Atheists move the goalposts, ignoring all evidence that is offered. Every year millions experience God for themselves, but atheists insist on scientific proof, knowing full well that science can't currently say anything about whether God exists or not.

• 7 days ago

I would be mightily convinced by seven ranks of singing angels appearing in the sky over the Pasadena New Year's parade.

• The Darrener
      5 days agoReport

Obviously something different would be necessary as I said god would know if it can'take manage I shall have to carry on not believing 

• 7 days ago

For me personally, I should at least be able to suspect advanced aliens were involved behind nature itself, but I see no evidence of any intelligence and understand how nature does what it does. We contrast our intelligence against nature that has none. While our intelligence can imitate nature, nature never imitates our intelligence because it has not intelligence to do so. Where our intelligence allows choices, nature has no choice and is purely cause and effect through natural processes.

Another problem I see is that there are things that would make the concept of God impossible. One such thing is the necessary natural order of complexity where "all" complex existence can be traced back to simpler beginnings. The concept of God magical bypasses this necessity.

• 1 week ago

I would love to know because, after 10 years on this site, I don't recall even one atheist spelling that out clearly. They vaguely speak of "producing God" so they can see God, but what if that was a fraud - a trick? How could they know the one presented before their eyes was the supernatural Creator of this universe, and all life in it? Just seeing does not equate with believing (e.g. Photoshop), so what do atheists want? DNA samples to compare with.... what? Do they assume God even HAS DNA? Don't they know the Creator is Spirit, and that which creates is superior to his creation? Shakes head....

• Madam Sin Bin
      7 days agoReport

I thought the answer to that was the actual god being touted as 'real'. It's not up to the atheist to do all the detective work...is it? No, it's not. That's up to the person/people claiming that a god or the god is real. 

• Paul
    1 week ago

If ten of my friends each told me they know Bill Jones, then I, being a rational thinker, would take that as clear evidence that Bill Jones must exist. So, if I were an atheist, and observed that hundreds of millions of intelligent people know God and live in daily relationship with Him, and would rather die than deny Him ... hopefully I would still be a rational thinker.