Erin asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 4 months ago

Help! What’s my grass doing?! ?

I’m a first time homeowner and I don’t know much about lawn care other than google :) 

I was checking out my lawn today and saw a bunch of these popping up. Any help on how to fix would be awesome! Appreciate it! 

It is a weed.  It is a wild grass of some sort, just not lawn.  Most of the time you pull them out or you cut them short with the lawn so you don't see them. I don't have a golf course so it does not need to be perfect.  It gets cut with the lawnmower...because beer is getting warm.

You can apply weed control fertilizer to your lawn for such a wild grass weed.

I'm seeing the same in my lawn and weedman told me I have quakgrass only thing you can do it's dig it out, kill it and your lawn or live with it

Lmao 

That’s a weed dude

It's not grass. That's a weed. Pull them out, or apply weed control fertilizer to your lawn. 

Those are seeds. Some grasses propagate via root growth. Some through dropping seeds. 

That's what grass looks like when it flowers!  There's nothing wrong with your lawn except that you're not cutting it often enough.

• Zany

Weed and feed fertilizer.

That's what lawnmowers are for.

commit mass genocide on that plant species