Erin asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 4 months ago

Help! What’s my grass doing?! ?

I’m a first time homeowner and I don’t know much about lawn care other than google :) 

I was checking out my lawn today and saw a bunch of these popping up. Any help on how to fix would be awesome! Appreciate it! 

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

It is a weed.  It is a wild grass of some sort, just not lawn.  Most of the time you pull them out or you cut them short with the lawn so you don't see them. I don't have a golf course so it does not need to be perfect.  It gets cut with the lawnmower...because beer is getting warm.

• 3 months ago

You can apply weed control fertilizer to your lawn for such a wild grass weed.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I'm seeing the same in my lawn and weedman told me I have quakgrass only thing you can do it's dig it out, kill it and your lawn or live with it

• 4 months ago

Lmao 

That’s a weed dude

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

It's not grass. That's a weed. Pull them out, or apply weed control fertilizer to your lawn. 

• 4 months ago

Those are seeds. Some grasses propagate via root growth. Some through dropping seeds. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

That's what grass looks like when it flowers!  There's nothing wrong with your lawn except that you're not cutting it often enough.

• Zany
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Weed and feed fertilizer.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

That's what lawnmowers are for.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

commit mass genocide on that plant species

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.