Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

What are these type of brackets called?

You would expect them to be called 'T' brackets / mounting brackets / pivot brackets, or similar, but i can't find them anywhere, what is the correct name used for them?

We have used those as the receiving eye for the locking tip of cabin hooks, also known as door buckles. I have some holding down my scuttle-hatches: hook swings down and may latch tightly or in the upper eye for a bit of a draft.

Well, where I come from, those are staples with plate attachments.  They usually come as part of a hasp-and-staple locking device.  If you are American, they are probably called something else entirely.

(They are not brackets because they are not mounting anything, they are not pivots or tees, they are self-contained units).

If you can't find them searching for ANY of the terms you list, you are not looking on the Internet.

I'd call it a pad eye. That's a term perhaps more commonly associated with marine hardware, but I don't know why it couldn't be used for the same concept for use anywhere.

• Nuff Sed

Ahoy, matey! We learned in Sea Scouts that a cabin hook can be tied into a pad eye.

• JJ

T bracket, T-fitting.  Go to hardware stores.  Or get them made at a machine shop.