Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 2 months ago

I have access to a sewing machine. Is it hard to use?  I'd like to make some face masks.?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Some are much harder to use than others.  Face masks are pretty easy to make.  Ask the person who owns the machine it you can use it and to show your how to do the basic things on it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lolly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They are made to be used, designed by engineers to be easy to operate. If you add your model number you might get more help.

• 1 month ago

decided that if I was recommending that people make their own face ... I braved my fear of sewing machines ...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Use stapler you dummy dumb

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It takes  patience and time. 

Make sure to thread the upper thread with the proses sure foot up.  Wind the bobbin with an even speed. 

I showed my friend how to thread her machine three different times.  And then she found the machine came with a DVD.  She watched that a couple of times. She now feels more confident to thread it herself.

When something goes wrong it can be frustrating for a beginner to fix the problem. 

There are plenty of youtubes on how to thread a machine, and how to make a mask.  

I high suggest not to make a mask that you have to fold /pleat the fabric. This style would be easier,

Attachment image
  • Lucas
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Youtube it. It can be dangerous but they teach it to middle schoolers so it can not be that bad. I used one 23 years ago

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are easy to use, identifying when they act up is/can be problematic. Experience is the best teacher. When I went to school way back when, in 6 the grade, they taught all how to use a sewing machine, male and female. Another program like typing that is long gone.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I doubt it's difficult to operate. My mom can do it, so can my sister. They're NOT mechanically inclined. The can't connect their phone or camera to a TV. They both need to turn the volume down in the car to be able to drive.

• Lib.rare.ian
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

And what have you made on a sewing machine, anonymous?

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Easy job - loads of free tutorials on line Use a good thickly woven cotton (if you can see through it germs can get through it) and I have been putting the hepa filters from my vaccum cleaner bags in the middle. Feel free to PMme ifI can help.

• drip
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Vacuum companies have posted disclaimers and do not suggest using them for face masks. Do your own research in it.

• Orla
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Easy as pie !!   Go to utube for an easy lesson and good luck !!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.