Why are some people so certain that Christianity is wrong?

• If you study what is actually known about the New Testament and its relationship to reality, as opposed to your cultural biases or what believers tell you, you will realize that Christianity is mostly a lie.

As history, the New Testament is at odds with everything else we know about the 1st century.  As myth, it makes perfect sense.

Which is not to say that it is without value.  But it is dangerous where it deviates from the truth.

• 7 days ago

The illogical understanding of Christianity.Like how God or Jesus was crucified to forgives man's sins .

• to the thousands of poor who could not afford to have their sins forgiven. HE was their sacrifice. Not a sacrifice of animals, but a human sacrifice, once and for all to benefit from.

• 1 week ago

When the standards Jesus set forth for His followers are compared with the way most Christians live their lives, it's crystal clear that something is wrong. And it's not Jesus' standards! However, that only indicates observers having fallen into the trap of looking at imperfect followers instead of looking at Jesus, the founder of Christianity. So, it's not Christianity that's wrong, but Christians. Big difference. Most people make a category mistake of muddling up the two.

• 1 week ago

False Christianity is wrong.

• 1 week ago

Probably for the same reasons Christians are "certain" they are right

• 1 week ago

If you want to base your beliefs on empirical evidence, then it is "wrong" to hold any belief that lacks that evidence.  That doesn't necessarily mean that the thing that is believed is wrong, but it is "wrong" to hold that belief.

• 1 week ago

I can tell you why I've lost my Christian faith (I still believe in God and prayer). I see many people who claim to be Christian committing greater sins than most non-Christians, and that's convinced me that the idea that the Holy Spirit helps people avoid sins must be incorrect. I believe these people have repented and committed, and of course everyone still sins, but if they're prepared to spread Covid-19 and seem 100% oblivious or apathetic about the deaths they will cause, God can't be helping them. For example.

1 week ago

The (((EVIDENCE))) even for an Atheist is that there are 39.5K+ different so called Christian denominations today when GOD SAID

"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that you be perfectly joined together [I Cor 6:17] in the same mind and in the same judgment" (I Corinthians 1:10)!

What kind of SHYT is 39.5K+ different so called Christian denominations?

Even a FOOL (Psalm 14:1) can see there is CERTAINLY something WRONG with today's Christianity!

IGNORANT, GULLIBLE "BA$TARDS" (Hebrews 12:8)!

Why do you think my questions are deleted?  

Today's SO CALLED Christians are DEMONIC with their belief in roman catholic doctrine and their watered down (Matthew 28:19+) powerless jesus vs JESUS WHO IS (((POWER))) (Matthew 28:18) received (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) who gives the "ONE MIND" (Philippians 2:2)  "OF CHRIST" (I Corinthians 2:16)?

"DEVILS" (I Corinthians 10:21)!

IN CONCLUSION

TODAY'S CHRISTIANS ARE WALKING AROUND "DEAD SPIRITS" (ROMANS 5:12-14; I CORINTHIANS 15:21-22) WITHOUT THE "ONE MIND OF CHRIST" (PHIL 2:2) DUE TO DECEPTION BY THE RCC THAT HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM IS (((NOT))) THE "ONE BAPTISM" (EPH 4:5) THAT JESUS DOES (JOHN 1:33).

THEREFORE THEY HAVE NOT BEEN "QUICKENED BACK TO LIFE" (EPH 2:1) BY HIS "POWER THAT COMES UPON THEM" (ACTS 1:8) WITH HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (ACTS 1:5) WHEN WE RECEIVE THE "ONE MIND OF CHRIST" (PHILIPPIANS 2:2) AS WE ARE "BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT" (JOHN 3:5-7)!

DUE TO THE RCC'S DECEPTION OF A POWERLESS WATER BAPTISM (MATTHEW 28:19+) TODAY'S CHRISTIANS DIDN'T RECEIVE THE ONE MIND OF CHRIST AND WHY THERE ARE 39.5K+ DIFFERENT SO CALLED "CHRISTIAN" DENOMINATIONS WITH EVERY ONE BELIEVING "I HAVE THE TRUE CHRISTIAN RELIGION AND YOU NEED TO GET YOURS STRAIGHT!"

• Paul
    1 week ago

They aren't certain, its just what they want to believe, so they make up nonsense accusations in a desperate attempt to support what they want to believe.

• antonius
      7 days agoReport

Paul, it would be better for you and all Christians to really learn how and what was copied to make Ch,.rstianity , then you not have to try to claim atheist will believe what we want to.  That is what Christians do, believe what they are told

• 1 week ago

If you study the religion and its history, you would be sure as well. One part is the human ignorance found in the bible itself. A big part is learning that the writers of the NT used the Greek translated OT called the Septuagint to create/fabricate their Jesus stories as well as Matthew and Luke using the writings o Mark (sometimes word for word). Then there is thinking about how a higher intelligence would handle human nature and it would not be involving a middleman Jesus and leaving confusion as to whether Jesus is divine, the Son or God Himself. There are many denominations to Christianity because of the confusion these ignorant writers left in their wake. If you are going to assume God is a higher intelligence, then all religions fail in this regard.

Just to give on example of the writers using the OT as their source for the stories of Jesus, around Matthew 1:23 it refers to Jesus as the child that Isaiah 7:14 is referring to, even claiming that Jesus is also known as Immanuel, the name Isaiah gives to the child. If you read all of Isaiah 7 and 8, you soon realize the child was meant as a sign to Isaiah's King Ahaz some 700 years before Jesus was a thought. Matthew is clearly seen lying and clearly referencing Isaiah 7:14 for a fabricated Jesus story. This happens repeatedly through out the NT by all writers and where there are plenty of Greek mistranslated Hebrew words carried into the NT.

One of the most embarrassing flubs is when one NT writer confuses two instances of the same donkey/colt from the OT and has Jesus riding in on two donkeys at the same time. The other writers who mention the donkey get it right and have Jesus only riding into town on one donkey.

• The NT was forced to fit the OT predictions so there proposies were filled to give it some validation. The more modern religion is scrutinized the more perverted it has become. How many flavors  of Christianity are there and how many claim to be the true way ? They all do so they cannot all be right