My Roku soundbar will not connect to other HDMI devices?

I recently bought a Westinghouse television and my Roku soundbar will not work with my other devices. I turned on my play station 4 and nintendo switch and no sound was coming out of the soundbar. I turned on the tv sound and it will work.

I used to have a Vizio television and I had no problem with the soundbar working on my play station 4 and nintendo switch.

• Lance

Your TV probably has no provisions for sound pass through; A lot of bargain HDTV's and early models had no circuitry to convert or pass through the sound to other devises. This feature was only available on upper end expensive models at first. As time passed and HDTV's became readily available at cheaper prices... more and more HDTV's started converting and routing sound through  their output jacks, as the technology trickled down  to lower end models; but even later on many bargain brand sets continued to lack this feature...Most 4K TV's have that as a standard feature but there may be some 4K off brands at bargain prices that do not. It has something to do with the HDMI protocol and copyrights protection.

"You Can Be Sure If It's Westinghouse."

That's a very old advertising line.

The trouble is that you can be sure it's JUNK.