does wattpad fan finction scare you?

Update:

*fiction i promise i know how to spell 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Doesn't scare me, sometimes it's hilarious, sometimes it just seems desperate. There are some good writers out there, though. Better to write something, than to sit around writing nothing, I guess.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Spike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I never went to wattpad at all and have no interest at all. Most adults of my generation don't either that my guess.

From what I have heard about, I don't think the creative writing level and creative ideas are not that great, The sentences might be too wordy, but not wrong at all in explaining something. Most of the writers are NOT commissioned by the publisher, family or foundation to continue an author's work after they have passed away. Also it not fan fiction the publisher or author wants to publish at all.

• 2 months ago

I have no interest in Fan Fiction.  I see it as a way that people who do not either have the talent or drive to become a published writer.

Source(s): Published writer for over 50 years
  • Zac Z
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Frankly, I don't care about Wattpad. There are already so many more "proper" books out there that I would like to read than I will ever be able to read in my lifetime that I won't waste time with amateurish writing.

But I'm speaking only for me. If people like to post and read stuff on Wattpad, more power to them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Speed
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What scares me about the fan fiction at Wattpad is how clearly it indicates our schools are failing our students.

So very much of it is functionally illiterate it's depressing as hell.

• 2 months ago

I didn't even know they had that on there.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, I just find that it's not 'real' writing.  

The authors lack the imagination and the talent to be able to create their own characters, locations, backstories, etc.Also, the quality of the writing is 99% appalling.The content is always usually full of teenage angst, the author obviously secretly thinking of an idea version of themselves as the main character and telling predictable, embarrassingly immature stories.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I suppose it's a harmless enough way for teenagers to vent their feelings, and every now and then one DOES produce some readable writing. But your overall assessment is spot on.

• D1218
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No. Seem like regular stories to me.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only the quality of the writing, not the subject matter. 

• 2 months ago

The word 'finction' scares me.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.