Brian asked in SportsHockey · 3 months ago

When do you think they will lift the travel bands so hockey can resume?

The travel bands must continue- no music without them

Hockey is resuming soon but the players have to remain 6 feet apart from one another on the ice. 

bans not bands .... And fans have no control over the decision because we don't know for

how long this " round " of covid will last, when round two might emerge and to what extent.

I don't think you grasp things

Most NHL players/teams will use airplanes to travel to and from various NHL cities, only a few select teams will use buses if the teams are within driving distance of each other.

Travelling really isn't going to block things here- If a player is overseas and needs to get home, they will have to fly from their country into Canada, and then hop on a flight to get into the USA.

There's going be several road blocks here

1- Where will the host cities be?

2- CVD-19 testing for the players

3- Getting the players to majority agree to a playoff season

4- The amount of teams and series lengths

5-  July 1st- What happens with the contracts if the playoffs go beyond UFA day? If so will players be willing to play without insurance?

Really right now, this is just in discussion phase, and I really wouldnt be shocked to see if the NHL cancels everything until the beginning of 20/21 season, there are too many hurdles to overcome in too short of a time.

Bans, not bands. Travel is not banned. Team sports that require close physical contact are not officially banned, either, the leagues suspended play due to common sense. Organized hockey will begin again when the organizers believe they can have games while protecting the safety of players and officials. There will be no fans at games until there is a vaccine that's proven effective.

Travel is just one aspect.  I could see exceptions being made for sports teams with added precautions.  You also have an issue with not all teams being able to practice or play b/c of the local restrictions.  In MLS, some teams have been practicing for a couple weeks with individual workouts, but other teams still aren't allowed to meet at all.  Until all teams an have proper training time, leagues won't start again.

• I don't see it happening anytime soon, and with the border effectively still shut down, that would have to be re-opened. I just don't see the NHL opening first. I think the NBA and/or MLB will start playing games first.