Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 2 months ago

How to initiate a negotiation of a credit card debt with plaintiff's attorney? ?

I can't pay the full amount but I want to pay a lum-sump settlement to solve the case. What do I need to say when I contact thier attorney so they will accept a settlement pay? 

2 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    Send them a registered letter, offering a settlement, and the amount you can pay. Tell them that if it is accepted, you will have the payment sent to them within one week. 

    You will need to make a bank transfer or send the certified check via courier.

    Do not call them on the phone.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Start with, "I want to make things right."

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.