Worried about throat cancer symptoms?

I’ve gotta wait a couple of weeks before I can be seen by my GP

Having issues with one of my tonsils, seems to be an extra fold of skin behind it which I’ve never noticed before and I’m worried it’s some sort of dangerous growth, sometimes having difficulty swallowing and have the feeling of something stuck in my throat. I have a lump on this side of my neck and also sometimes feel like I can’t breathe properly but this might be due to the anxiety it’s giving me

I don’t feel ill, I don’t have a cough or could and my throat doesn’t hurt - just feels uncomfortable 

Any ideas what it could be or why there’s an extra fold of skin behind one of my tonsils and not the other? I’ve had antibiotics, I waited 3 weeks until calling my GP again and have been told to give another 2/3 weeks and see how my symptoms are 

• kelvin

still not cancer

• LAN

Funny how all these level one accounts always seem to be the ones constantly posting for a diagnosis online instead of seeing a doctor isn't it.  It's like they think that any of us have medical degrees and are able to give a remote viewing on their health situation isn't it.  

Why are you worried enough to post here yet not worried enough to see a doctor?   You are a hypochondriac.  That's why you immediately go to cancer instead of any of a dozen other possibilities.   Do you really have that little shame in you?

You have an infected tonsil. The worst that could happen is that it has to come out.

• Jamey

Does it hurt? I've had throat cancer and it REALLY hurts.