What’s worse ?

Biting into something that’s supposed soft and hearing a crunch or biting into something that’s meant to be crispy and discovering that it’s soggy. 

I think I’d have to go with the unexpected crunch. And I don’t think you can really have an opinion on this if you’ve never eating a scrambled egg with the shell in it. Theres just something so nasty about that to me I’d have to spit it all out after that. And if you think about it it’s probably something that doesn’t belong in your food that you’ve accidentally eating which makes it even worse. Whereas if you’re eating a french fry and it’s soggy you know that maybe it needs to be cooked longer but not that there’s something foreign in your food. You know what I mean ? 

Yes, and while the soggy texture you mention is indicative of impatient or unskilled cooking, the unexpected crunch may be due to chemical contamination, whether it’s a piece of metal, foreign. Object of some sort, it’s a bummer

• chynnaaa1 month agoReport

What’s would you consider worse cooking then? Getting random **** in your food or not fully cooking it ? 

• Sathi

Soft and hearing/feeling a crunch, definitely. Worse, you spit it out and can’t identify what it is. Gross.

• I don't flinch at most crunches where they shouldn't be. It's not a shock to me that some shell got into the eggs or that some bone or hard gristle got into the meat ragu. Sometimes I get a little worried that I cracked a tooth - so I investigate carefully.

All that being said, one of the most disgusting texture switches I've ever experienced was at a sushi bar and had some fish the chef recommended (and I honestly, and unfortunately, don't remember what fish it was), I took a bite and it crunched. I was so grossed out - raw fish is generally soft and supple - maybe a little give on clams or some other things - but crunchy? 🤢

• chynnaaa1 month agoReport

LMAOO it’s definitely worse when someone else made the food. Especially since I’m already picky so if I trusted you and it’s weird I’m sorry but I can’t eat it. 

• kswck2

The unexpected crunch is scarier. Is it the food? Did you just break a tooth or lose a filling?