blackturkdog asked in SportsRunning · 2 months ago

How do I lean to run a mile in 15 minutes?

I have a physical exam coming up. I need to ryn a mile in 15 minutes.

What's the best regiment to learn in 4 weeks?

• Orla

runrunrunrunrunrunrunrun.......repeat.

Check your spelling my friend.

• .

Most people can briskly walk a mile in 15 mins. We'd need to know what your fasted time is at present, to give you good tips on speeding up (if needed). Whatever your current pace, work on improving it. You may find that short (30 second) walk breaks every few minutes, helps you run faster during your run intervals. 

• pmt853

A reasonable walking pace is around 4mph which is, obviously, one mile in 15 minutes. 

That's a brisk walk.  If you can run for 15 minutes, then you're likely doing better than a 15-minute mile.

15 minutes is a generous time period for a physical exam. You could definitely walk parts of it and still clock in under 15, as I have done so in the past. Just start running gradually over the next 4 weeks, going a little farther each day. Focus on your breathing too. Exhale when your left foot hits the ground. If you need to walk, do so at a brisk pace. You've got this!

You do not LEARN how to run, you need to exercise. Start by running three times a week, run a mile each time, try to improve your time a little each time. 15 minute miles are just a little faster than a walk so it should not be a problem.

Most people can walk a mile in 15-20  minutes so it shouldn't be too hard.