Orla

A bedroom with light wood furniture and soft green wall..what color curtains would look fabulous ? I am paralyzed with indecision. Help ?

I go outside the box a bit and start with bedding at an upscaled option...pottery barn, 

I pick a curtain type from that point. The bedding would give me new options.

I try to stay away from trendy target's Chevron prints that every other house had. Stay away from trending soilds burgundy red....think new and different color and texture.

• Amy

Deep red wine colour.

Dark green like this one 

Begin first by selecting your bedding, then finish the room with curtains that compliment the bedding. Go shopping on-line to see what is available.

Green is such an easy color to match fabrics for bedding and windows. Depending on the look you are after, you could use neutrals and pops of color in your accessories.

Corals and yellows look great with green. So do shades of blue with white. Even tones of red work really well. Inspiration in shopping will help.

Since it's summer I'd go with white, but I would say that since I have white curtains in my light green bedroom with birch furnishing, lol!  You have excellent taste there :) I've always switched between summer and winder curtains to make the room feel cozier or cooler with the seasons.  It's psychological but it matters to my enjoyment of the room I bet dark green would look nice in the winter.  If you go with white make sure you have blinds to block out the excess light if it'll bother you.

To add elegance add a white sheer and a darker shade of curtain of your choice. Colors like plain dark gray or some design.

Source(s): Walmart, Wayfair

Black.......... really.

• Orla

Maybe a type of plaid...darker beige and darker greens might be nice.

• Mandy

“Paralyzed” is a bit strong.  You are only talking about purchasing curtains.  Light gray or charcoal gray would be nice.  Or perhaps a dark green.  A tan or some shade of brown, might also work well.

• Orla

No,  it's not psychobabble. It is a colloquialism used by many people in many situations, much like slang.  Sure it should be avoided in a legal brief but ordinary people usually like to express themselves in colorful ways. You can avoid it at all costs, I'll choose to be normal. I'm glad to help!

WHITE!!! It wold look stunning