Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 4 months ago

What’re the panels at the bottom of every wall called? They’re sometimes in the middle to keep chairs from scratching the wall?

I wanna know so I can order some of Home Depot 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

They're called crown moulding

• 4 months ago

As others said  chair rail is the molding to prevent chair dings on your walls. If you want moulding under the chair rail, in square or rectangle shales  that is picture frame molding.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Baseboard or skirting boards.

Chair rails or dado rails

If they are fully panelled between it is called wainscoting.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Skirting boards and dado  chair rails there are also picture rails to hang pictures on 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

In the middle it's called chair rail. At the bottom it's called baseboard.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The wooden piece of molding used to keep chairs off the wall is called a "chair rail" in the US and a "dado rail" in the UK, or more rarely a "surbase" but most people haven't got a scooby what that last one means.

The "panels" on the lower half of the wall are an illusion if they're repeating rectangles unless your house is genuinely from the 1700s.  They made from frames of strips of beading cut to size and adhered to the wall between the chair rail and the baseboard (the molding running horizontally directly above the floor).  This makes it easy to make the rectangles fit the dimensions of the room.

Baseboards or skirting boards may be composed of several strips of beading, one above the other to give a more elaborate profile from just a few basic shapes, or they can be wide, pre-molded pvc or other materials.

• 4 months ago

i would talk to home depot and explain to them what you want

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.