Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 5 months ago

What do you do when your arrested for something you did not do?

I was arrested while driving with a friend to p.a I didn't know he had something in the car and my freedom is on the line I lost my job over this and they took my brand new I phone 11 and I never made it to see my cousin or get a real phillycheese steak. My goals shot what do I do they said because if covid there's no space in the jail and they will mail me what's going to happen?

learn the fact this happens to all sort of people

if you are a law abiding person with assets they will milk you for money and plea bargain , the attorney will cost you lots of money

if you are poor and a basic lawless person you ask for a government funded attorney and they will drop the charges because the attorney will cost the same government as the prosecutor 

life is not fair,, learn better judgement on who to be around 

You keep your mouth shut until you speak with an attorney.

• Olive

Only thing can do is get a lawyer

You do not speak to anyone except a lawyer. If they charge you with a criminal offense, you can get a free court appointed attorney. In the meantime, try posting your question on some legal advice sites (like lawyers.com) and see what they have to say about your situation. I'm no lawyer, but it would seem if you were simply a passenger and you have no criminal record, they may drop or offer a good plea deal. If it was your car and/or you were driving then it gets a little trickier because in the eyes of the law you are responsible for everything in the car so unless the other person admits to have sole possession of whatever he had, then they have reason to pursue.

• God

In the US if you are well off financially you can have a lawyer get it taken care of.  If you are poor and the police can't find anyone else to blame it on you're screwed.

I rub my cell walls in faeces and sing locked up by Akon

• Barry

You lawyer up and claim compensation for wrongful arrest.