Mac asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

Help I flushed a shot bottle down the toilet how do I unclog it ?

A glass gin bottle now the toilet doesn't flush. Could it be fixed without using a snake it had to go down at least 6 feet or so. * and6 if it was snaked would the bottle come back up to see what was clogging it ?

Update:

So when I try and flush the toilet doesn't over flow it just stands still pretty much a little water is going down it takes 4 flushes to clear away yellow urine.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It didn't go in 6 feet.

It's jammed in just out of sight, where the waste path makes a "hump".  (You may be able to see the outline of the waste path on the side of the bowl.)

Man up, and stick your hand in there.  Good chance that you'll be able to grab it.

Then, wash your hands.

• ...Show all comments
    • SumDude
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Scoop most of the water out of the bowl, put on (use. wear) a plastic bread bag, and go spelunking (and then of course, wash your hands).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Day drinking, huh (?) [ bad joke.]  A "snake" will not get a glass bottle. A flexible slip wire with a hook on the end that goes past the bottle and comes back and hooks it stands a chance of success (i e pulling it out).  Otherwise, I will guess the toilet needs to be removed and the bottle needs to be pushed out "backward" to fall into the toilet bowl from whence you can remove it. Snake the main toilet drain at this time if you so desire.

• 2 months ago

I had that problem when a nephew lost a plastic bottle and flushed it. 

The problem is that the back of the toilet drain goes up into a bend before it goes all the way down. Your bottle is full of air, so it is floating up in the back of the toilet drain, just out of sight, so it will not go over the hump and down.If you can poke it over the top and down with something wide, great. Otherwise you have to do what I did. I removed the whole toilet, took it outside and turned it upside  down to get the bottle out. 

• SumDude
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

If the bottle is full of air (or not) maybe emptying the toilet bowl would allow the bottle to slide back down into the empty bowl ... at least enough to grab it. Something to try (!)

• 2 months ago

yes, the snake will bring up the clog. with glass, that is necessary. you get to pay, of course

• Mac2 months agoReport

Could a clothes hanger grab it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

ANYTHING that went 6' would go ALL THE WAY to the sewer.

A shot glass wouldn't even get out of the bowl.

What you describe in your update doesn't happen.

Update to comment: Anything small enough to get past the toilet is small enough to get ALL THE WAY through the drain unless you already had partial blockage to catch it.

Getting ANYTHING to restrict the bowl draining to the same rate as the bowl filling as you claim would take an engineer.

• Mac2 months agoReport

Maybe it only went a foot past the bowl idk its stuck somewhere in there

• 2 months ago

Next time buy a bigger bottle of gin

• 2 months ago

What is "a shot bottle"?

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Did you also flush a bottle of vermouth down the toilet? Was this an ill-fated attempt to make bathtub gin?

• 2 months ago

just let it go. You don't want to drink that gin after it's been in the toilet anyways

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.