Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited Kingdom · 2 months ago

What are the tax forms called in the UK?

In the US, to file a personal income tax return, we do a 1040.

Corporate income tax return = Form 1120

To show wages, employer sends a W2.

To show interest and dividends, the banks send a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV.

The basics.

I know about Canadians forms because I deal with Canadians a lot in my career.

I'm curious to know what forms the people of England file in the different situations I described above.

Also, does the majority of tax money get disbursed to the Queen?


In America, we speak English.  Not sure if you understand my question - that came from ME.  It implies that it of my interest to know what forms are filed.

5 Answers

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    UK: MOST people do not do income tax returns if they are an employee, their employer does their return as PAYE (Pay As You Earn) so unless that employee also has self employed income they don't fill out returns.... self employed do self assessments

    Income Tax is collected by HMRC on behalf of the government. It's used to help provide funding for public services such as the NHS, education and the welfare system, as well as investment in public projects, such as roads, rail and housing.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    They are called Tax forms

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Re your update; the language you speak in America is not English.  The correct term for it is English pidgin but feel free to call it American if you prefer.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    There are many different forms depending if you are paid from an employer, self employed and so on.

    It would be of no interest to anyone to detail every one.

    NO the Queen does not receive our tax money, she pays her own tax.


    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Most people never see a tax form as they are PAYE (Pay As You Earn).

    You can find a list of forms at the HMRC website.

    The Queen is the largest personal taxpayer, contributing more than £200 million annually. The money goes to the Treasury, which is controlled by the government.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.