Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesDallas · 3 months ago

How do I find a roommate when I’m 18 in a new city?

Just turned 18 and looking to move to Dallas from a small town here in Texas in a couple of months for career opportunities and I’m wondering how I could go about getting a roommate who’s around my age in a big city where I’ve never lived before?

Your first mistake is thinking one can start a career at 18.

You could end up with a roommate who would take advantage of you and steal your stuff.  I would not try to do what you are doing.

• drip

You don’t move without a job lined up and money saved to get your through two month,

You may be able to post at your new job for a roommate. 

There are several universities in Dallas, many students look for roommates. Check message boards. You may find a room for rent in a house by the campus to start yourself off for the first year. You don’t need to be an enrolled student for off campus housing. 

Find a website.

• Hans

Advertise in newspaper