John asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

I am concerned with my trip this July to UK. I am leaving from San Francisco but not only concerned with flight but please read?

I leave July 4 to go to UK arriving there July 5th via British airways. I am not just worried about my flight if it would be cancelled or not, thankfully it has not been cancelled. However, when I do arrive in Heathrow I am afraid if transportation, shops, restaurants, etc. will be open during my trip. I would be there for over a month and I am hoping there won't be a quarantine for 14 days. I heard some people say anyone coming into UK would have to be in quarantine for over 14 days. I hope this won't be effective in July. I hope its only for now in the meantime. When will this 14 day quarantine in UK end. I worry about this a lot. I care for my trip and I want the best. If there is a quarantine is strict or recommended by the British government to stay home. I just hope everything wont be shut down. I heard things are getting a little better now. I hope so.

Cancel your trip. You will have to be in quarantine for two weeks and everything is on lockdown. 

No one knows what the situation will be like in July. There may well be extensive closures and a quarantine in place. Now is not a good time to be planning to travel.

• Maxi

How many times are you going to ask the same thing............ it is VERY unlikely you will be travelling and if there is a flight you will have to quarantine for 14 days as it  stands right now..........

and it is not an option and you are likely to have to download an app which will keep check of you

Cancel or postpone your trip.

You will not be able to avoid quarantine; and there are likely to be no restaurants or museums (or pretty much anything other than basic food shops) open.

• Tavy

We do NOT KNOW what will happen in July, so no point in asking us.

UK

apart from france all other arrivals will need to isolate for first two weeks ..this will be legal before 4th july 

The UK is bringing in a 14 day lock down soon. You will need a UK address.

I would check with British Airways.

We have no idea what the situation will be by then.  This week the PM said in England we could get in our cars and drive, sunbathe and walk somewhere further away from home.  The first day, the small town I live in looked really busy when I drove home from work.  I suspect it was like this almost everywhere.  Very few shops are open still.  Once people start mingling again, there could be a second wave of the virus and we could be in lockdown again, or it might be OK.  It is anyone's guess.