Dove asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 4 months ago

Will there be a $2,000 stimulus bill?

I'm just asking if anyone knows anything for the last few days and/or if it's going to happen. What they're saying seems too good to be true. Just asking opinions.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I suspect if there's another stimulus bill it'll amount to much more than $2,000. I believe Speaker Pelosi has asked for 2 Trillion.

• 4 months ago

As no one has yet seen the Democrat's proposal, no one has any idea whether it has another cash handout to individuals.  It seems like if it would, that would have been "leaked" before now, because that would make it harder for the Republicans to fight against it. The more time the Dems have to promote it, the more likely it is to get passed.  So far what we are hearing is that it is money for state governments to cover the loss of tax money and the extra COVID-19 expenses.

With states beginning to open back up, there is not going to be the same pressure to get money into the hands of people.  Also, doing such runs the risk of inflation (which always happens when you pour money into an economy like that) which would really hurt everyone.

It is more likely that congress will take a wait and see attitude, and give in a couple of months before deciding that another cash give away is required.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Who knows. Yahoo had an article that says Trump wouldn’t mind another stimulus package. The senate seems to be on board. Then when pelosi introduces it as early as this Friday, the senate says it wants to wait to see what impact the current one has before deciding on another one. 

So your guess is as good as anyone. 

• 4 months ago

Zero percent chance. What we need is help for our businesses to reopen, and to get our stock market going again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yesterday the House introduced a bill for $1200 to individuals, $2400 to couples, and an additional $1200 per child up to a maximum of $6000. Senate republicans say the bill will be dead on arrival. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.