Why is science so undependable?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Megumi
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

It is not undependable. It is by far our best method of finding facts. Who claims it is undependable? 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What do you expect?  100%?  ALL methods fall short.  Science is more dependable than Phylosophy and religion ---THATS why we depend on it instead.----we have NO 100% dependability on ANYTHING because we do NOT KNOW everything---so we go with what is best.

• 2 months ago

It's limited by our measuring apparatuses and by our own senses.

• 2 months ago

As compared to what?

Religion?  On the simplest of predictions, religion gets it wrong.  If I had a dollar for every "end of the world" prediction I've ever heard, I'd be wealthy.

Science isn't really undependable.  It is that the people who claim to be scientists aer human and therefore fallible.  Science, observed properly and managed carefully, will be quite dependable.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • MARK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your question is far too vague to be answered. I would suggest you ask the question again and be more precise in what you are asking. Also use words that are found in the dictionary.

• When you're trying to discover new things, you're going to have trial and error. This is quite literally the scientific method.

• 2 months ago

Please give examples.

Science is the name we give to the proven techniques of mathematics and measurement by which we establish the nature of EVERYTHING we know to be real. The conclusions drawn from the use of science can never be better than the available evidence allows or the mathematical techniques reveal. No one knows everything. We are still discovering evidence about many aspect of life and the universe.

Science is the only dependable thing we have. The conclusions drawn by its use evolve over time as the evidence and mathematical techniques become available.

If you can show where science is undependable, perhaps we can consider why that might be. Just making a claim with no supporting examples gets us no further forward.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It isnt. People literally depend on science every day, sometimes in life or death situations

• Dj2541
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think you need  to look around  you??  you are on a computer  asking  a question  that will be answered  by  people  from  all over the  world  and  you think that  the basic  scientific  construct of   science is undependable??

Hi  from Australia.

• ...Show all comments
    • Smeghead
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

If you can't figure out simple English and a very basic simile, I'm really not going to waste time attempting to justify the underlying philosophies of the scientific process to you.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In what way do you consider it undependable and what does this have to do with golf?

• ...Show all comments
    • dogsafire
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Damiana - You still have yet to provide examples of the lack of dependability of science

Ball's in your court dude

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.