Dual Monitors??

So, i'm currently using a seiki flatscreen as a computer monitor, though I want to be able to have a dual monitor and only have another tv (insignia). I tried using an HDMI splitter but it only copies the one screen to the other. (Same image on both) and wont let me project or extend it. Claiming it cant detect a secondary monitor. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favourite answer

The video card supports multiple monitors by using either a different output per monitor or has a display port that can support multiple monitors through an adapter. You say you are using HDMI, so your second monitor needs to be hooked up to another output such as DVI (preferrably) or VGA. If you do not have another port for some reason, you will need an usb to HDMI adapter.

• 5 months ago

if your gpu does not support dual [and different screens], then it can not be done without replacing the gpu. each screen must have separate connection to the gpu. after that, doing this is up to your operating system and gpu software

• David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If your computer has dual graphics output ports - VGA HDMI, DVI,  display port then you could use that, most laptops have an external graphics ports. You may need an adapter to convert from the port on your computer. If you only have one port you can get USB-HDMI adapters which should also work.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You either need another video card installed or, if your computer has a DisplayPort port, a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.