Why don't all computer users switch over to virtual keyboards?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

everyone is different...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lex
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A number of reasons. The fact they're not as reliable is one. But then there's the fact that touch typing requires the ability to feel the keys as much as it does knowing the layout.

• 2 months ago

They use power.

• 2 months ago

Not everything works well with touch screen keyboard. Plus, it would take a long time to programs to be able to use touch screens. For example gaming for a decent amount don't work well.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That would mean they have a touch screen, and very few "computer users" do.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nothing beats the tactile feel of mechanical keys snapping under your fingers. If given the choice between real and virtual, I go real. I'm old. Maybe that's why.

• 2 months ago

A virtual keyboard (by which I assume you are referring to on-screen keyboards you operate with a touchscreen or mouse) are way slower to use and waste screen real estate. 

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What advantage would they give? Nobody will switch unless there is a distinct advantage and the cost is low.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We don't want to.  We spent a lot of time learning to use a standard keyboard, and now you want us to switch to something new? Nope, not gonna happen. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.