Alex asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Is it really that bad to run on the same day as lifting weights? Unless you provide me evidence - running killing gains is bullshit to me.?

• ron h

I'm just a man, no expert, but that's always sounded like bulshit to me, too.  (consider outdoor or stationary bikes to save your knees. )

• k w

running, is known to be bad for your knees, AND the rumor sounds stupid as well......

one can go crazy listening to all the rumors buzzing about, and likely get fat too.....

cuz what don't make the newz is truth, [ you got to eat fat to lose fat, by Dr. Mary Enig

amazon carries the book ] read all the readers comments.....

• Steven

In the initial days, running can harm you. You need to set your limit but surely help to reduce weight and helps to stay fit and healthy.  

• Mark

A good rule of thumb is "if it hurts, you are doing too much".  (That whole "no pain, no gain" thing is a crock.)  But running does help you cardio workouts.

What do I know about getting SWOLL and stuff? Your tearing your muscles, that's the burn one feels, and they slowly get used to this stress. That's working out basically. So, your asking if that's evidence for you or just total Batshit logic to you? To run afterwards is running when one typically tries to rest those shore muscles. So are you not trying to run when your not at your top fitness? So is it healthier or not. I don't know, but odds are. You don't know ether? So who knows? Knock your socks off. Isn't going to effect me, but are cramping one of the setbacks?

Source(s): Yeah, apparently I don't know my shit... Then again. What if I'm just mad and logical. The horror!
  • Orla

You want to eat and rest after lifting so just do that last.  

One potential problem is that running burns calories and your muscles need calories to grow. As long as you eat enough then this isn't a problem. 

If you run before lifting you might not be able to lift as much and that can hurt your gains so always run after lifting. 

It isn't the worst, but your body utilizes energy and nutrients that would go to muscle gains for energy during the run and also recovery. So it does, because you are no longer using all of that nutrition to build new muscle.

Well if you run 100 laps, and then try to do weights you will find that you won't be able to get as many gains from lifting weights as your body will be too exhausted from all the running.

Sounds like rubbish, why benefit would that bring evolutionarily? Our ancestors when chasing and spearing animals, building huts.. etc, were running and lifting heavy things most days.